Why drumming before dawn?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Our apartment is just besides a small campo east of Cabarete, and for the past week we are awaken with the sound of loud drumming before dawn.
This goes on until sunrise and the people in the campo do not seem to mind, can anyone enlighten me as to the reason for this??? Is it a ritual???
I remember last year this was going on but it only happen one week before Chrismas, not this early in December....

Our apartment is just besides a small campo east of Cabarete, and for the past week we are awaken with the sound of loud drumming before dawn.
This goes on until sunrise and the people in the campo do not seem to mind, can anyone enlighten me as to the reason for this??? Is it a ritual???
I remember last year this was going on but it only happen one week before Chrismas, not this early in December....

The natives are getting restless, hide the women and children

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Play a bigger drum and scare them away!
2iu9q3k.jpg

Reactions: jrhartley
M

Markf128

You could hire Tambo and he'll send the drumming message that they need to turn it down.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Probably some kind of Haitian ritual?

aguinaldos, maybe, i like this one "abranme la puerta, abranme la puerta, que estoy en la calle y diran la gente que esto es un desaire" ..........

Aya adentro veo un bulto tapao, no se si sera un lechon asao........:cheeky:

M

Markf128

Yo creo que mas un warning for those who are still awake, lol.

M

Markf128

Tambo?s tribe

:beard::beard::beard:I know what it is. Its Tambo?s tribe calling him to come back home!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Maybe you have a new neighbor and he hasn't gotten around to introducing himself yet. Many Canadians DO enjoy the DR during the winter months, you know...:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

2rz6iz5.jpg

Last edited:

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
whats wrong with a good banging in the morning, is this NOT the reason why many move to the DR???

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
Rubbishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Neil Peart, drummer for Rush-the greatest rock band EVER.:cheeky:

Rubbish
The singer has a girls voice and presents as a nerd with long hair, singing constantly at the high C..........frikkin mucho molesto!!!. The drummer rocks........i can't think of any of their HITS? off hand

Mar 2, 2008
Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, Ringo Starr, Mitch Mitchell, Charley Watt, and Nick Mason.

But many do believe that Neil Peart is consistantly number 1 or 2.

However, to answer the question, I believe Billyidol is correct.

It is the "Head-Board Head-Bangers Experience", playing live.

Are you experienced?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Rubbish
The singer has a girls voice and presents as a nerd with long hair, singing constantly at the high C..........frikkin mucho molesto!!!. The drummer rocks........i can't think of any of their HITS? off hand

Sorry to further take this off-topic, but this post must be addressed-

Rush-three GREAT musicians who play as well now as they did when they started in 1974. You've obviously never seen them play live and if you did couldn't appreciate the superior musicianship they bring to the table.

As for hits, they play progressive rock, where the entire album is more important than hit singles.

As for album sales-24 gold albums, 14 platinum albums and 3 of those went multi-platinum.

Just ask the fans that went to see them in Brazil a few years ago-over 150,000 people in just 3 three days. How's that for rubbish?:surprised

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.