My dominican Girlfriend

skacutter

Dec 10, 2008
Ok I have to admit its hard for me to post this here. I get the feeling maybe all the dominican guys will be laughing at this but here goes. I am single, american guy age 39. I have been dateing online and recently met a dominican girl (also 39) that I like very much. She has been in the states for 2 years, lives with her brother, holds a good job and is super sweet to me. We have only been on 2 dates but by the second date things got very seriuous. She talks about us being together and how happy I make her. She says she wants to take things slow (no sex yet) because she comes from a very tradtional dominican family that lives in the country. She says things like "I will not make you wait long but I want to get to know you befor we have sex. She also made a comment that almost knocked me over. She said "when its time I do not want to take a pill and I do not want you to wear a condum because I want to have children and due to age that is a pressing issue.

soooooo friends my question: Is this a normal scanario? are Dominican women that quick to fall in love? Does she realy want to marry and have children or is somthing else at play? Things moved so quick for us, we both know that but I do love her even in this short amount of time. Launguage is a barrier but one I am willing to work with. What is the Dominican guys take on this? Is it possible that this traditional Dominican country girl would fall for an avarage american guy who is not rich, not the BEST looking but I hold my own:). I keep thinking this is some kind of crazy dream but in all fairness to my dominican girlfiend I just do not understand the culture enough to know if this is genuine or if she is playing me for some reason.

Love the Dominican woman :)

Ok I have to admit its hard for me to post this here. I get the feeling maybe all the dominican guys will be laughing at this but here goes. I am single, american guy age 39. I have been dateing online and recently met a dominican girl (also 39) that I like very much. She has been in the states for 2 years, lives with her brother, holds a good job and is super sweet to me. We have only been on 2 dates but by the second date things got very seriuous. She talks about us being together and how happy I make her. She says she wants to take things slow (no sex yet) because she comes from a very tradtional dominican family that lives in the country. She says things like "I will not make you wait long but I want to get to know you befor we have sex. She also made a comment that almost knocked me over. She said "when its time I do not want to take a pill and I do not want you to wear a condum because I want to have children and due to age that is a pressing issue.

soooooo friends my question: Is this a normal scanario? are Dominican women that quick to fall in love? Does she realy want to marry and have children or is somthing else at play? Things moved so quick for us, we both know that but I do love her even in this short amount of time. Launguage is a barrier but one I am willing to work with. What is the Dominican guys take on this? Is it possible that this traditional Dominican country girl would fall for an avarage american guy who is not rich, not the BEST looking but I hold my own:). I keep thinking this is some kind of crazy dream but in all fairness to my dominican girlfiend I just do not understand the culture enough to know if this is genuine or if she is playing me for some reason.

Love the Dominican woman :)

My man your in the states, she is already Americanized,she is like any other 40 ish single woman on earth, Her biological clock is ticking and she is looking for a long term commitment,and you my friend are probably her best option. If you love her the way you say then go for it.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
It's very unusual that on the second date a woman would be talking about sex, babies, marriage etc. much less to someone from outside her culture. Are you sure she doesn't have children in the DR? A beautiful Dominican woman at 39, never married and no children. That's strange. What's her immigration status? You should take your time and get to know each other. Nobody falls in love after 2 dates. Meet her family and maybe even visit the Dominican Republic together. Take her to the DR for New Year's Eve. Separate bedrooms of course. ;)

Ask Dominican women for their opinion, since when do men understand how women think! ;) And to be honest I never met a man who was in love on the second date. Be sure of yourself.

Reactions: jruane44

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
It's very unusual that on the second date a woman would be talking about sex, babies, marriage etc. much less to someone from outside her culture. Are you sure she doesn't have children in the DR? A beautiful Dominican woman at 39, never married and no children. That's strange. What's her immigration status? You should take your time and get to know each other. Nobody falls in love after 2 dates. Meet her family and maybe even visit the Dominican Republic together. Take her to the DR for New Year's Eve. Separate bedrooms of course. ;)

Ask Dominican women for their opinion, since when do men understand how women think! ;) And to be honest I never met a man who was in love on the second date. Be sure of yourself.

Very good advice. Especially about being beautiful, 39, and no children. It could be possible that she is a grandmother already.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I agree with Margaret you should know what her status is in the US before you get in any further. Does she have permanent status or is she there on a vistor visa and is looking for a way to stay?

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I don't think a decent woman will ever tell a man she loves him first, even if she thinks she does. He should fall in love and say it first, as far as I know ... No normal person falls in love for real with anyone who is not in love with them (lust, maybe). Good luck!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
JEEEZ!!..That story sounded familiar.

LOL

to the OP, I agree you should find out what's her status, does she have a green card or does she want one, mi visa digo mi vida. lol

She's totally being too fast, no Dominican woman with pride says all those things she said to you, that she wants to have sex without a condom etc etc. wow.

skacutter

Dec 10, 2008
status

green card only. Not a citizen at this point but she does hold a repectable job here in the states. Thank you all for the responses. It is an odd situation and she may just be over excited to find someone who is not a freak or who leaves after she said "I can't have sex untill I know the man very well". So on the good side she is not jumping into or demanding sex as fast as possible. she wants to wait untill the time is right but the comment was along the lines that when the time is right she wants to work at getting pregnant.

Being a guy I am not worried about time. I could probably have kids at 50 :paranoid: But I am ready now and if that would make her happy I would be ok with it. My worry being that I come home one day and the girl and the kids are gone and moved back to the DR. I am not trying to be offensive and I dont mean to say that this would be a common thing for a single DR girl to do but again its a concern considering the status here in the states.

Sep 19, 2005
I didnt read where he said she loved him already!!

only WHEN the time comes...IF it comes..."here is how I would like to see it happen"...because................"XYZ"

she may be testing the water with you...she wouldnt want to spend a year with you only to find you dont want long term goals like she does..

if you run...then she knows she didnt waste precious time( for a 39 year old).

how many 5 year relationships can a 39 year old woman have who wants to have children?????

not too many!!!!

and am I the only one who was SUPRISED by Badpieces answer??????????????????????????????????????

is that an arc of a halo forming there????? above your head?

naaaa

bad bad bob

Reactions: AnnaC

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Agree with Bob and Badpiece. Also agree with the comments about going to The DR and trying to meet her family. If she's a resident of The US with a decent job then she obviously doesn't need you for a visa, but her biological clock is definitely ticking. It sounds like you're also OK with having kids...so only worry in my book is to make sure she's not a psycho...

skacutter

Dec 10, 2008
laurapasinifan: "Testing the waters" VERY possible. so as odd of a comment as it was are you saying that maybe she did that just to see how I would react? I am unsure who said "Love you" first. It may just be used out of context. Again launguage has been a struggle for us but I have fun working through this with her. Its seems to me that the dominican girls use words loosley. she starts all messages with "Amor". I understand Amor to mean like "Hey sweetie" but the word love sometimes replaces Amor in her messages to me.

another point of clarification- we have been on 2 dates but we also have exchanged emails for over a month. We are both on eharmoney and went through the whole "Get to know one another" Phase. It was when we actually met that the sparks started to fly and the comments heated up. we are 2 39 year olds that find ourselves acting like teenagers in love...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Its amazing to see how a 39 yrs old guy goes after a 39 yrs old girl. Always the case with gringos. They haven't realized that a 39 yrs old gringo can easily have a 25 yrs old sweet intelligent dominican girl and she would be very happy to be with a man who is 39. Now 39 yrs old desperate woman is no match for a 25 yrs old beauty who is equipped with youth and hard body. This means you get better mileage out of her than your 39 yrs old who will be 40 soon.
What the hell you guys are thinking about? You want to walk about with a woman who looks like Barbara bush when you are in your late 40's? Why does love have to be blind all the time?
She may be traditional or she maybe just a lair. Who knows, she sees a sucker and she is working him good. If she is such a nice catch why is she still single and desperate at her age?
Man, there is plenty of fish in the ocean. Come to DR and get one 1/2 her age and thank me later when you are still getting good mileage out of her when she reaches 30. I know I sound like a pig but just imagine, she will be 45 in less than 6 yrs. In DR, a girl who is 30 is considered old, someone who missed the bus out of town.
Yours has her warranty expired my 9 yrs. Think before you make a stupid decision.
have a nice day.
AZB

skacutter

Dec 10, 2008
abz

abz... with all due respect the "sucker" is the guy who goes for a girl half his age in my book. Its not all about looks and age but more about compatability. I love sex with yuonger women but I wouldnt marry one (WHY????). when your 50 and your 25 year old girlfriend wants you to go out to the dance club with her...your the fool

when your 50 and your 25 year old girlfriend is cheating on you with a 25 year old guy... your the fool

When you relize that your 25 year old girlfriend cant understand anything you deem to be important.... your the fool

when you date girls much yoner then you, you give them the upper hand in the relationship. Guys will often say..yeah but she is my bitch... behind close doors its the guy who is often the bitch...

Ill take your 39 year old dominican girls if you don't want and respect them. The age doesnt change the sweetness one bit. Pack em up and send them to me :) I will take good care of them

If you want to be real about it tell the truth

Sep 19, 2005
Its amazing to see how a 39 yrs old guy goes after a 39 yrs old girl. Always the case with gringos. They haven't realized that a 39 yrs old gringo can easily have a 25 yrs old sweet intelligent dominican girl and she would be very happy to be with a man who is 39. Now 39 yrs old desperate woman is no match for a 25 yrs old beauty who is equipped with youth and hard body. This means you get better mileage out of her than your 39 yrs old who will be 40 soon.
What the hell you guys are thinking about? You want to walk about with a woman who looks like Barbara bush when you are in your late 40's? Why does love have to be blind all the time?
She may be traditional or she maybe just a lair. Who knows, she sees a sucker and she is working him good. If she is such a nice catch why is she still single and desperate at her age?
Man, there is plenty of fish in the ocean. Come to DR and get one 1/2 her age and thank me later when you are still getting good mileage out of her when she reaches 30. I know I sound like a pig but just imagine, she will be 45 in less than 6 yrs. In DR, a girl who is 30 is considered old, someone who missed the bus out of town.
Yours has her warranty expired my 9 yrs. Think before you make a stupid decision.
have a nice day.
AZB

dont get involved we arent trying to find a GF for YOU.........he has one on the line and he LIKES HER...imagine that....he doesnt need to go backwards now!

no one is keeping score.....he only needs to be happy and the same for the woman....

as for the OPs question to me...I am just reaching for reasons to her comments...doesnt make them right or me right...life is dynamic man....

you are going to have to read her yourself at some point...

I think you just have to learn the possibilities here....I think my comment she doesnt want to waste years on several bad realtionships is why she came out so bold.....even while she isnt giving you anything more than what she should be giving you if she wants to be respected by you.

and it HAS ONLY BEEN TWO DATES..... come back in 4 months and ask us again...

dont put the cart in front of the horse, even is she was wondering :

IF THE HORSE IS BIG ENOUGH FOR THE CART!!!!!

ha ha

ba dbad bob

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Hmmmmmmmmm.........

.........the "EHarmony" thing is something that needs to be considered here...............

"EHarmony" is not your REGULAR dating service and they reject MANY people that try to join..........EVEN though they have to pay..........

........it has an extensive application and it seems that you can't "bull****" it........cause you will get rejected.........

SINCE the "young Dominican lady" went through all that ......(as compared to "gringo's" who are more apt to)...........she may very well be a serious contender and one of those "different" Dominicans.............

I say keep going out, talk more, and let us know how you make out.........

skacutter

Dec 10, 2008
"I say keep going out, talk more, and let us know how you make out......... "

Hey thanks... I will do just that. One comment on the "is the horse big enough" comment and again I ask with all due respect. All Dominican women seem to be very small compaired to US Women. My DR girlfiend is the same. she needs a box to stand on to kiss me :) My fear is that my horse might break the cart :)

comments???

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Tmi

"I say keep going out, talk more, and let us know how you make out......... "

Hey thanks... I will do just that. One comment on the "is the horse big enough" comment and again I ask with all due respect. All Dominican women seem to be very small compaired to US Women. My DR girlfiend is the same. she needs a box to stand on to kiss me :) My fear is that my horse might break the cart :)

comments???

jajajaj i mean hahahaha you are too much guys

bad bad bob lol

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Just another gringo falling in love with the first woman he meets. tell me, are you a virgin?
I can tell you one thing, you are not cut out for this. if you think you are in love with 2 dates and no sex, you have a lot to learn. marrying a 39 yrs old is the least of your problems.
Forget about 1/2 your age, date a girl who is 25 to 27 yrs old. You will be surprised to know how many girls of this age find men 39 yrs old attractive. Don't worry when you become 50, she will be fat and old by then too. Dominican women don't keep bodies of miss universe for very long. By then the prices of lepla will drop to 10 pesos / pill. Don't worry, the future is not so dark for you.
AZB