Transportation between Cabarete & Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabaretechica

Jul 25, 2008
Hola amigos!

We will be in Cabarete in two weeks. I am wondering if there is a some kind of shuttle bus between Sosua and Cabarete daily that runs on some sort of schedule.

Anybody know? We aren't keen on the motoconchos to go that far, and we have no idea about the guaguas - how often they run, how much $ per person (the gringo rate), where we can get on the right one in Cabarete and then in Sosua to come back.

Taxi would be too expensive, and neither of us is confident yet to drive there.

Muchas gracias.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Hola amigos!

We will be in Cabarete in two weeks. I am wondering if there is a some kind of shuttle bus between Sosua and Cabarete daily that runs on some sort of schedule.

Anybody know? We aren't keen on the motoconchos to go that far, and we have no idea about the guaguas - how often they run, how much $ per person (the gringo rate), where we can get on the right one in Cabarete and then in Sosua to come back.

Taxi would be too expensive, and neither of us is confident yet to drive there.

Muchas gracias.

Stand out on the street and signal the Guagua heading west to stop and hop in, they run very frequently. Don't worry if there are already 23 people in the vehicle, they will get you in somewhere. And if you are pretty enough, the front seat will be emptied and you will be put there next to the driver. Cost 15 or 20 $RD. There is also a big bus that comes along from tiime to time as well and it is the same cost as Guaguas. Or take the Publico, a car with a blue sign on the top. There will be 4 passengers in the back seat and 2 in the front. Cost 20 to 25 $RD

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Or take the Publico, a car with a blue sign on the top. There will be 4 passengers in the back seat and 2 in the front. Cost 20 to 25 $RD

I like to rent the whole front seat for double the price!
You can also rent the entire car for 6X the price, still 1/4 the price of a taxi turistica...great for 3AM runs.

***make sure you negotiate the price beforehand with the driver if you try this!

taca?o tambo'

M

Markf128

You should think about driving over there. It is easier and the driving is not that bad.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
I like to rent the whole front seat for double the price!
You can also rent the entire car for 6X the price, still 1/4 the price of a taxi turistica...great for 3AM runs.

***make sure you negotiate the price beforehand with the driver if you try this!

taca?o tambo'

Yes, but this ****es off the locals who would not dream of paying double just to have more room and then when you are taking up the whole front seat they are thinking who is the moron when they have to wait for the next caro! I do understand though ... I don't like being squeezed in like a sardine either but like they say "when in Rome...". That being said, when my husband and I have been in Sosua late at night and had to head towards POP, if there was a caro waiting at the stand on the main road near the gas station, we have paid for the whole car so that we don't have to wait until the driver has enough people to fill it. It's way cheaper than a taxi and late at night, I don't feel bad about it because there aren't usually people waiting.

To the OP, the guaguas run every 5 - 10 minutes during the day and about every 15 or so at night. Also, public cars as mentioned. Also, don't think it's okay to pay the gringo rate - find out ahead of time the day and night prices for each (usually it's more at night) and have proper change ready to give to the guy who takes your money.

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
How much for the car without the driver?

30k53qv.gif

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
Talked with a motochonos he wanted around 400-500 peso for a round trip.
Look at the billboard at a taxi stand and it say 15 US one way and 25 US a round trip and the driver approached me and said he would give me a special price.

Status
Not open for further replies.