Rental help

Status
Not open for further replies.

briellen

Dec 9, 2008
Hello board
Love the area first time their with wife and three kids.
Looking for beach condo rental at last minute price but will pay more for a 3 bedroom unit . Would like sosua. Travel dates are dec 30 - jan13.
pools are important who has the biggest in town?
Thanks for your help
briellen

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Hello board
Love the area first time their with wife and three kids.
Looking for beach condo rental at last minute price but will pay more for a 3 bedroom unit . Would like sosua. Travel dates are dec 30 - jan13.
pools are important who has the biggest in town?
Thanks for your help
briellen

First, welcome to DR1!

Actually the biggest body of water (other than sosua bay) is at the Las Canas complex, located about a 5-10 minute drive from downtown Sosua. It's not close to the beach, but they do have the biggest pool on the north coast by a mile, and a number of 3 br units, though I don't know about their availability. The place is managed by Judy (campesina on DR1) and is very well regarded.

Check it out. Las Ca?as Aparthotel Sosua | Apartment Vacations Rentals Hotel | Vacation Condo Hotels Sos?a | Apartments

Another option is to check out villas through residencial hispaniola. Those are actual homes with their own pools. Great privacy, and walking distance to Sosua Bay and downtown sosua

Finally, consider Cabarete. Family oriented, more properties on or near the beach, and a different scene at night.

Good luck,

DRob:glasses:

briellen

Dec 9, 2008
Thanks DRob I will check it out. what is the difference between the night sceen between the two towns?

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
By far, the largest pool in a private residential complex. Unfortunately, we don't have 3 bedroom apartments, only 2 bedrooms, but we have extra beds and can accommodate a family with several children if the rest of the complex and price suits you. We are about 10 minutes from Sosua Beach and have shuttle service several times a day.

Our new restaurant is great and the convenience of the mini market, lobby cafe wireless internet and laundry facilities makes up for the short distance to the beach for most people.

My phone number is 809-571-1994 in case you need a bit more information. Judy

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Thanks DRob I will check it out. what is the difference between the night sceen between the two towns?

By day both towns are pleasant and family-oriented spots. Your kids will make lots of friends in Sosua, especially if they speak some Espanol. Sosua Bay and the beaches at Cabarete are very nice, though as a personal matter I like the beach at Cabarete a bit better.

Cabarete tends to have a crowd of younger adults, Sosua trends towards folks over 35.

At night and especially on the weekends, the touristy area of Sosua turns into a singles scene, with a very heavy dose of pay-for-play. It's not the best place for children or non-adventurous spouses. The same is true to a lesser extent in Cabarete.

That said, there are many places in both town you and your wife can go to and have a great time without being around all that. However, you should know that although it looks like a fairly normal touristy-bar area during the day, the "red light district" in Sosua is significant, and that you shouldn't be surprised to see NA and European men and women walking around with Dominicans less than half their age.

If your children are young and in bed by 9, then this may not be a factor. If, however they are teenagers who like to get out and explore a lot, you may want to take this into consideration.

Last edited:

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
Hi ,not sure if accomadations were found? I recently stayed at CABARETE PALM BEACH CONDOS AND STUDIOS ,during my stay there were many families ,and the kids seemed to be enjoying their time there. Nelly or Milagros are the contact names @ Palm Beach

briellen

Dec 9, 2008
rental final & best firework display

thanks for all the great advice. I have booked for the two weeks. The family is just excited as can be. Where is the best new years fierworks? cabarete or pop or sosua?

Thanks alot dr board

Status
Not open for further replies.