Dance lessons P. Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf001

Feb 29, 2008
Who can recommend a serious dance instructor for some advanced classes in Bachata/Merengue/Salsa?
Gracias.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Contact a lovely lady on here called Planner – she is the dancing queen of DR1.
I believe she was teaching at one point – if not now – she will know who is!

Good luck

theman

Aug 25, 2008
Dont think DR is the place for Salsa, everytime I go there, I have hard time to find a partner that can dance with me.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
My husband is a fantastic Salsa dancer... you have obviously been going to the wrong type of places to find suitable partners. It's true that not all Dominicans dance Salsa but it's right up there as one of their most popular dances. You just need to go to the right type of club/right night, etc. Usually though, everywhere mixes it up and plays some Salsa.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I am here and yes I can help you out. Send me a PM or email and we can set something up. ;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Any time darlin just let me know when you will be around..... ;)

But speaking of salsa - do you dance it international style or Dominican style???

theman

Aug 25, 2008
Any time darlin just let me know when you will be around..... ;)

But speaking of salsa - do you dance it international style or Dominican style???

International Salsa my dear, but dance is in my blood, I can manage the dominican style :cheeky:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Even better!!!! I can dance international but I am very used to Dominican style. Either way - I will love it.

dragonfly5555

Aug 13, 2008
La Canita and Salsa

When I was in Puerto Plata last April we went to La Canita one night and there was a lady there who danced the Salsa with an older Dominican gentleman--she was not Dominican--(maybe it was you Planner).....My God, it was amazing to watch them! She kicked off her shoes they danced the Salsa.....everyone cleared around them and watched and clapped afterwards.

I have been to a few clubs over the years in Puerto Plata and Sosua and had never before seen the Salsa danced.

theman

Aug 25, 2008
Even better!!!! I can dance international but I am very used to Dominican style. Either way - I will love it.

Great, I only been in club is Sosua, maybe that's why I havent found anyone to dance really, only one Cuban tourist was there, when we were danciong everyone stop dancing like they never seen that b4, I dont have that reaction from the public in Montreal lol.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
It is fairly unusual to see foreigners dance salsa here. It is still a treat to see salsa danced well here by anyone.

Dominicans on the North Coast dance salsa fast and furious but the dancers from Santo Domingo tend to dance it more classic style. I love to dance classic but will also dance fast with a good partner.

I am not likely the person you saw who kicked off her shoes. I never take my dance shoes off!

I am the blonde who dances on the north coast, hard to miss.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.