DVD players

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf001

Feb 29, 2008
Are basic DVD players available in P. Plata at about the same price as in the US, i.e. around $ 35? Any problems/duties if you bring one?
Gracias.

theman

Aug 25, 2008
Are basic DVD players available in P. Plata at about the same price as in the US, i.e. around $ 35? Any problems/duties if you bring one?
Gracias.

Last trip there I was selling DVD player for 80$us and paid them 20$ in Canada. Electronic in DR is way more expensive then in the US.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Most DVD players I have seen are small enough to put into luggage. Can you ask someone to bring you one without all the packaging and within their luggage? I brought one down and it was no problem at the airport.

:bunny::bunny:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is a computer store a bit past the Police station heading into PP that had DVD players for about $35US. I got one for someone and it worked fine. It is on the left side of the street just past OUT 27 Sports book. Not sure of the name of the street, but I am sure someone from PP will chime in with better directions.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Last Christmas, I brought 3 DVD players (still in boxes) in my suitcase through STI to give as presents in Sajoma........had no problem.
SHALENA

Soul Siesta

Jun 2, 2005
www.brothersandsistersonline.com
DVD Players

I brought a DVD player through SDQ (in original packaging, etc.) with no problems. I was asked by Customs and simply informed them it was a gift for a friend. Considering the low value of (one) DVD player, I couldn't imagine any challenges with bringing one into the country. I would suggest (not) putting it inside your checked luggage but instead take it onto the plane as a carry-on.

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
In Sept.08, I brought 2 DVD players with screens and a big used kareoke machine to give away to friends, with no questions asked thru Punta Cana Airport, if asked, one was for my car and the other for where I'm staying, There only concern was the 6 or 7 cell phones I had. And I explained with a cocky American attitude, that I have old business phone numbers in them. They seem to harrass Dominicans and I look Dominican, but as soon as they realize that I'm american and don't understand a word that they are saying, they just lead me to another line or leave me alone, with my ,I'm just here to spend money attitude...................Next time I go, I will have a good portable unit in my carry-on along with my lab-top, and one or two cheapies in my bags along with my friends throw away phones, which I get activated for around $7.00us, the only ones I can't get activated are Nextel phones .............Oh, also

another kareoke player, with mikes...............all for personal use, mind you..........

Portable players go for around $150-250us

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
I plan to bring my own DVD player and discs to Sosua. I must have access to my por...err...I mean, anatomy videos!

30u906c.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.