What happened to Claro internet service in Santiago?

ray unrath

Dec 28, 2007
My speed of my Claro internet service has slowed to the point of almost being worthless over the last week. What happened? Is there an alternative wireless service that's faster or is the problem going to be resolved? Thanks

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Is there a wireless Santiago update?

Is Viva wireless available in Santiago? Is it the same cost / speed as Claro? Do they cap speeds after 3gb?

Things seem to change fast with these services, any updates would be appreciated. :)

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Just curious, now that we talk about 3g...

-What?s the experience of our fellow DR1ers ?

-Claro or Viva ?

-Anyone has compared both ?

-Why is it that Orange hasn?t entered the race ???

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I have Claro Flash and it is sloooooooooooow. i'm thinking of going with Tricom.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Codetel installed a few equipments for QoS (Quality of Service) to control the kind of bandwidth that their home clients use, they are particularly controlling every P2P protocol very rigorously right now and they intend to keep with this practice until Indotel start regulating against protocols and bandwidth throttling by ISP's.

Tricom also has those equipments but they don't control bandwidth in the Draconian way Codetel is right now.

track

Sep 6, 2008
Codetel installed a few equipments for QoS (Quality of Service) to control the kind of bandwidth that their home clients use, they are particularly controlling every P2P protocol very rigorously right now and they intend to keep with this practice until Indotel start regulating against protocols and bandwidth throttling by ISP's.

Tricom also has those equipments but they don't control bandwidth in the Draconian way Codetel is right now.

Really, Indotel, Do they know something about protocols?
That's like "Checking" the contents of stuff! and "Watching what you are doing." Police! Help! No, NO, Let me see what Leonel is up to!