Majestic Elegance.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
A friend of mine is a travel agent in Texas and she has booked a group from her local Chamber of Commerce into the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana from Jan 29th to Feb 2nd. She has emailed me a request for info on this new Hotel because she has heard mixed reviews about it. Reports of uncompleted rooms, no hot water, exposed wiring are concerning her. She has also asked for photos of the project.

I am located in Cabarete and cannot get down there to look into these reports and help her out.

Is there anyone who has stayed there or visited there recently that might be able to give me a status update so I can pass it on or maybe even some photos.

Send me an email through DR1 if you wish.

Thanks for the help.

Andy

chum5501

Nov 23, 2008
I was at the Majestic "Colonial" (they just changed their name after opening the new wing). From October 17-24. Out of all the hotels I've been to this was one of the nicest ones. I went with a wedding party. The Photographer that came with us went back for two weddings from November 15-28. She Stayed in the newly built wing this time. She said that in her room, there was no hot water so she complained at the front desk and got an upgrade and all complaints were resolved. She came home pretty happy, and is going again for another wedding photo shoot in April and has decided to stay there for one out of the 3 weeks (I'll be there with her in April for the photo shoot).

The resort is very nice. In the last five years I have traveled a lot and this was the first time a place got a "WoW" from me. The staff are friendly, the food is pretty decent, although tell her to stay away from the sushi. My Friend (the bride) ate it the night before and it kinda ruined her wedding day. The rooms are amazing. The only other two complaints that my photographer friend had was that two people out of the group that recently went had no A/C working in their rooms (they got upgrades after complaining).

My only problem with our room when we were there was that the lock stoped working on me and my roomie 3x. The first time we just went to the lobby and had new keys programmed and it worked, the second time a technician had to come and re-program the keys, and the third time the technician had to completely change the locking mechinism (didn't feel very safe after that). We weren't the only ones in our group that this happened to.

I would recommend that place again. Tell her to beware of Francisco...He's kinda weeeeird (in a sanky way).

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Majestic Elegance is not a new wing but an entirely new and separate resort (although there are temporarily privileges for Elegance guests at Colonial). It just opened on November 21/08 and not surprisingly has a few growing pains. I have been to Majestic Colonial (which has not changed it's name) twice and am looking forward to the Majestic Elegance experience which is going to be even better, I am promised.

See:

Majestic Elegance
http://majestic-resorts.com/en/H2/Hotel-Majestic-Elegance-Punta-Cana.aspx

Majestic Colonial
http://majestic-resorts.com/en/H1/Hotel-Majestic-Colonial-Punta-Cana.aspx

Gregg

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I was at the Majestic "Colonial" (they just changed their name after opening the new wing). From October 17-24. Out of all the hotels I've been to this was one of the nicest ones. I went with a wedding party. The Photographer that came with us went back for two weddings from November 15-28. She Stayed in the newly built wing this time. She said that in her room, there was no hot water so she complained at the front desk and got an upgrade and all complaints were resolved. She came home pretty happy, and is going again for another wedding photo shoot in April and has decided to stay there for one out of the 3 weeks (I'll be there with her in April for the photo shoot).

The resort is very nice. In the last five years I have traveled a lot and this was the first time a place got a "WoW" from me. The staff are friendly, the food is pretty decent, although tell her to stay away from the sushi. My Friend (the bride) ate it the night before and it kinda ruined her wedding day. The rooms are amazing. The only other two complaints that my photographer friend had was that two people out of the group that recently went had no A/C working in their rooms (they got upgrades after complaining).

My only problem with our room when we were there was that the lock stoped working on me and my roomie 3x. The first time we just went to the lobby and had new keys programmed and it worked, the second time a technician had to come and re-program the keys, and the third time the technician had to completely change the locking mechinism (didn't feel very safe after that). We weren't the only ones in our group that this happened to.

I would recommend that place again. Tell her to beware of Francisco...He's kinda weeeeird (in a sanky way).

where you've been october 17th-24th and your friend november 15th -24th???
there's no new wing to the old Majestic colonial, but they openend on november 22nd a new hotel aside named majestic elegance.
but that finally happened on november 22nd.
so where you guys been??
have you been in Punta Cana or elsewhere??
Mike

chum5501

Nov 23, 2008
where you've been october 17th-24th and your friend november 15th -24th???
there's no new wing to the old Majestic colonial, but they openend on november 22nd a new hotel aside named majestic elegance.
but that finally happened on november 22nd.
so where you guys been??
have you been in Punta Cana or elsewhere??
Mike

I was at the Majestic colonial and saw the construction on Majestic elegance. They're soo close to eachother that it seems like they're ONE HUGE RESORT!!! (if you've been there, we were standing near the little chapel and the closest new building being built was right behind it).

I got my Gen's second trip dates wrong MY BAD!!!!