Golf at Playa Grande info

Status
Not open for further replies.

threeputtlewy

Dec 13, 2008
We are looking at vacationing in the DR in January. We havent booked yet. Looks like I can get a good deal at the Victoria but we would also like to play a round at the Playa Grande also. Whats the best way to get to Playa Grande? Taxi or does the course have private transfer? Also can I get a current course review on Playa Grande and Playa Dorada? From what I have been reading the courses seem a little wet right now.

I have also been reading about aggresive caddies (tips) at Playa Dorada. What I have read about Playa Dorada is that you do not have to have a caddy if you have a handicap card. Is this the case in realty? I would love to have a caddy, but if the caddy is gonna be a pain in the a** just concerned about his tip instead of doing the job at hand then we just might want to skip the caddy thing and wing it just as we do at home.

Thanks for any info that anyone my provide and mayby we can have a round while we are there.

Threeputtlewy

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Let me know when you HAVE booked your holiday - will it be One week or Two?

Playa Grande is a MUST (if it is not too wet whilst you are here) & there is a service down to there from Playa Dorada if I am not available to play (& therefore take you!!). There is also the Pete Dye course at Santiago to enjoy!!

Will you be bringing your own clubs or will you want to hire?
How many is 'WE'? (If TWO, I should be able to make up a fourth fairly easily)
A NON aggressive caddy will be easy to arrange - see my previous post on this subject.

Feel free to PM or e-mail me if there are any details you prefer not to post on the board for any reason ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The best way to get to Playa Grande is to get Bushbaby to take you
What Ho! BLzabub - you beat me to the post!:pirate:!:cheeky: You headed back down before the Playa Grande course closes in April??

Be aware threeputtlewy that there may be some renegades posting on this thread shortly ..... 1 from Leeds in England, another from Cabarete area (who might come & join us if we go to Playa Grande) & a whole load of snowbirders from USA & Canada who have joined me in the past. Most are nice guys despite what they say here!! ~ Grahame.

BLzabub

May 15, 2008
I will be leaving for Cuba in 2 days so I'm not sure if I'll make it to the DR till summer. Sorry didn't mean to hyjack this thread

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
I strongly advise you to get to Playa Grande if you can.
Bushbaby and his cohart from Cabarete are excellent golfing companions if you can arrange it.
Playa Grande was EXCELLENT value for the money IMO. My only complaint would be the quality of club rentals for a lefty.
I have to have some excuse for donating so many golf balls to the ocean ;)

rayleeds

May 16, 2005
Leeds, United Kingdom
Be aware threeputtlewy that there may be some renegades posting on this thread shortly ..... 1 from Leeds in England, another from Cabarete area (who might come & join us if we go to Playa Grande) & a whole load of snowbirders from USA & Canada who have joined me in the past. Most are nice guys despite what they say here!! ~ Grahame.

Oi go steady I resemble that remark:cheeky:

Get to Playa Grande if you can, and if you can ignore Grahames golfing fashion sense you will have a good time.
Just hoping that they do the usual DR thing and delay the closure before I get there on the 20th June.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
if you can ignore Grahames golfing fashion sense you will have a good time..
If my fashion sense is THAT bad rayleeds, perhaps you should bring me something suitable from your 'Theatrical Costumes' shop/warehouse?? How about a Lincoln green 'Robin Hood' ensemble complete with the tight fitting leotards?? :surprised :ermm: :pirate:

Just hoping that they do the usual DR thing and delay the closure before I get there on the 20th June.
We can live in hope but as the closure has already been put back twice, June might be stretching our luck a bit! La Colonia might have nine open by then though & I know a man who knows a man ........... that works up there!! ~ Grahame.

Status
Not open for further replies.