Good Book Store?

Yachtguy1

Sep 30, 2008
Hi all... Does anyone know of a good book store in Sto Domingo or Santiago with English/American books? Maybe a place to order books without going online?

Thanks!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Not really a good bookstore: in Santo Domingo you have Thesaurus (Lincoln esq Sarasota), Libreria Cuesta (27 esq Lincoln) and New Horizons (Sarasota near the Delta hotel) all sell English books but the selection is limited.
There is also the second-hand book sale at the Helen Kellogg Library and some second-hand booksellers in and around El Conde in the Colonial Zone.

Canela21

Oct 29, 2008
I buy English books in Santiago at Cuenta, located inside Supermercado Nacional. The selection is extremely limited, but it has improved a lot in the past few weeks, so I'm hoping it will only get better.

Sanation

May 21, 2007
Not really a good bookstore: in Santo Domingo you have Thesaurus (Lincoln esq Sarasota), Libreria Cuesta (27 esq Lincoln) and New Horizons (Sarasota near the Delta hotel) all sell English books but the selection is limited.
There is also the second-hand book sale at the Helen Kellogg Library and some second-hand booksellers in and around El Conde in the Colonial Zone.

As Chiri has said, the Helen Kellogg Library sells used books. The also have a fully functioning library. It is in Gascue is located at Avenida Independencia #253 (behind the Church of the Epiphany, just past Pasteur on the left).

The library is open most mornings, except Tuesdays when it is open in the afternoon. I head a whisper that they are closing for the Christmas Holidays on Friday, 19 December 2008.