Cap Cana

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Any news on the cap cana front? I hear people are moving in! does anyone have concrete information? What about the restaurants on marina - are they open? are they busy? has anyone eaten at any of them? How has the weather been recently and are the hotels in punta cana busy at this time. Thanks for any information.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The restaurants are open but it is far from busy. We ate at Marrana with fellow DR1er ddoran and it was very good. Also heard good things about Mitre.

badbeatj

Jan 13, 2009
I am looking to stay at Sanctuary. Just wondering if people know if most of the restaurants are open now. I read in previous reviews that only 3 or 4 of the restaurants are open.

Also, what is the average cost of a meal there? I am looking to stay for 7 nights and need to plan my budget before I go.

Also, is there a bar by the pool and the beach and is it a cash bar (i.e. do I need to have money on me at all times even in swimming trunks?) or can I charge to my room?

And how much is a beer or pina colada?

How is the beach at the hotel? I read the beach beside the hotel is really nice but does the hotel itself have beach access? I am looking for white powdery sand.

Does the rooms have a fridge where I can stock up on water and beers or do I need to purchase everything at the hotel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

BonnieS

Jan 29, 2009
I stayed at Sanctuary Cap Cana last July and it is a beautiful resort. They were in a soft opening, so there wasn't many people at the hotel. When I was there - 4 restaurants were open. The cost of a drink is $15 and you can charge it all to your room. I am going again in June - my husband and I would like to see how the whole cap cana area has improved and expanded since last year, if all goes well, it will be a place for the rich and famous. You do have a fridge in your room, so you can stock up before getting to the hotel. There is no food store close by, so make sure you purchase prior to getting to the hotel. They offer a free shuttle to a beach resort - which is outstanding, if you want to step away from the resort beach and see a different area. Service is top notch but you will pay for it at the restaurants. Any further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Cap Cana....

puntacana08011abril2008hg9.jpg

puntacana08011abril2008tx0.jpg

puntacana08011abril2008gv7.jpg

puntacana08011abril2008dh1.jpg

-NALs

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I spent the afternoon there yesterday. Went to the restaurant up on the bluff (just to have a beer and see the view) and wandered around the marina. The place was deserted. Pretty much the only people there were the workers (which wasn't that many). I saw maybe 10 other people in total.. .and that's for the entire afternoon. What's the story... is the place about to close up for good or what?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the "place" is planned to be finally a huge village and is at the moment around 80-90% not finished or even not started tobe done.
a ghost town.
what is brought up looks beautiful,
but appears like abandonded to a visitor.
original plans to be finished said around 2013.
we will see in some years.
right now it's not the place to have a party with a bunch of guys,
but top to spend a relaxed and quiet weekend
Mike

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com
I've eaten at the sea front restaurant last week and the food was good but not as nice as the hotel, my host told that the David Crocket restaurant in the front is good but not as good as the one in Santo Domingo an more expensive.
The hotel was unfortunally almost empty, it was friday night and there was just 7 people, including the threeo of us.