Kayaks ??

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Hey folks, this is probably for naught but anyone heard any new of kayak excursions in and around Samana more specifically for Los Haitises ??

Couldn't find a lot searching,, Thanks CG

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
i researched a bit and could not find anything either. the eco-resort at paraiso cano hondo has kayaks offered. i guess since it is such a long paddle from sanchez or samana and that you are supposed to have a registered guide makes renting them on the penisula tough. if you find anything please post as i would be interested, thx... ben jammin"

Peter222

Jan 15, 2013
United States
I just want to say you about Kayak that Kayak comes with, seat, rodpod, adjustable foot rests, fishbag (cooler), one-piece paddle, three cannon mount rod holders, two flush mount rod holders, Humminbird 728 Fishfinder with external GPS unit, suspended battery bag, & battery. This kayak is a fishing machine, does well both inshore and offshore, and can take on big seas offshore as well. Would love for it to go to someone who will put it to the test...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
There used to be a tour to Los Haitis in which you were transported across the bay in a nice size boat and they carried kayaks with them. When you got to Los Haitises they put you in the water in Kayaks. I am pretty sure these are offered by tours companies in Las Terrenas.

LTSteve

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
We took the trip you are describing about three years ago. It was with a small tour company in LT. The boat was a big catamaran and it carried the kayaks in it. It was trully wonderful. One of the best excursions I have taken. When we got to Los Haitises we got on the kayaks and paddled around thru the canals. It was like an out of body experience, so quiet, yet so full of wild life. They provided lunch on the boat. We were also taken to walk inside of a huge cave.

I ran into the tour guide last year and he said they were not doing that tour anymore; however, I will ask around and see if there is anyone in Samana who is doing it. I was told that Kim Bedall (the whale queen in Samana) has a catamaran now.

Juniper

TDA Adventures

Jan 19, 2013
contact for kayaks

Hey folks, this is probably for naught but anyone heard any new of kayak excursions in and around Samana more specifically for Los Haitises ??

Couldn't find a lot searching,, Thanks CG

Yes, sure have, Contact Raffy on click on my name and send me a pm, I will forward you his email addresss He is the guide for this and speaks Spanish, naturally, English and Japanese!
Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator: