What happens if a company is late paying Christmas bonuses?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
As I understand it every employee then has the right to say you broke the labor contract - you could then be faced with paying liquidation to every single employee!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I may be wrong but I think to bonus does not have to be paid until mid January. I often pay my staff in two halfs. Half at christmas and half after.

Matilda

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
You're confusing Christmas holiday pay with the 10% net profit distribution among all employees. The Christmas pay has to be made on or before the 20th of December, whereas the 10% net profit distribution needs to be paid between 90-120 days after the closing of the company's fiscal year (Art. 224).

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
You're confusing Christmas holiday pay with the 10% net profit distribution among all employees. The Christmas pay has to be made on or before the 20th of December, whereas the 10% net profit distribution needs to be paid between 90-120 days after the closing of the company's fiscal year (Art. 224).

Too bad the employees don't have to pay the employer 10% of the net loss. Now that would be fair!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Profit distribution? Geez, no wonder foreign businesses are shuttering here all over the place, good grief.

If the government really wanted to help the people, they would quite paying those ridiculous and abusive salaries to a chosen few and spread the wealth to the real contributors. Not to mention all of the squandering, legal and otherwise, of customs, que verguenza.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Too bad the employees don't have to pay the employer 10% of the net loss. Now that would be fair!
I doubt that in using Dominican "usual and customary" accounting practices, that employees receive a whole bunch in their 10%...