Children's Toys and Play Equipment Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
The Good Samaritan Church in Callej?n de la Lomas, Cabarete (in the area opposite Ocean Dream) is looking for help to create a special Children?s Centre where local children can receive instruction, physical care and play and have fun.

Volunteers do their best to occupy the children who at present meet outside or in a nearby house whilst the teenagers and adults attend church on a Sunday, but they have outgrown their space. When the weather is fine, it is manageable although there are few resources, but when it rains or becomes dusk they are plagued by mosquitoes as we are by the lagoon. Other events take place throughout the week and it would make such a difference if the children had a place of their own.

We are currently building a covered area where the youngsters can learn, receive a small meal and enjoy themselves in a safe environment. We would also like to extend this care by offering parenting classes and a source of material help for the poorest families by way of clothing etc. and to create an outside playground. We have the land and the basic construction materials but need the following for children and babies:

? Writing, drawing and craft materials
? Children?s Bibles and other books in Spanish
? Toys in good condition
? Play equipment e.g. swing, slide, climbing frame etc.
? Baby equipment e.g. playpen, cot etc.
? Clothes and shoes
? Sponsorship or one off donations

If you would like to help or to visit the church to meet the children and learn more about what we are doing, please PM me. Anything that your children have outgrown would be so much appreciated.:classic:

Linda Stapleton.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Thanks, Ginnie. Should be there this week but a flying visit to the peso shop to buy the Christmas gifts for my brood of children in Sabaneta, so no time for visits I'm afraid. Catch up with you soon. Have a great Christmas and love to Grahame.

Status
Not open for further replies.