gift for the maid

Status
Not open for further replies.

sosua1

Sep 24, 2006
Hola! I was wondering what would be a great gift to give the maid upon departure. We will be there for two weeks and what gift should we give her. My other question is do the maids rotate week to week or do they work full time at the resort? Gracias...:cheeky:

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
the best gift you can give any maid or help is $$$$$$$. Most of the maids in the hotels make around $5,000 pesos per month that is around $190.us depending of the exchange rate. So give them $$$$$ they don't need gifts, they need to feed their family.
Have a great vacation.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Hola! I was wondering what would be a great gift to give the maid upon departure. We will be there for two weeks and what gift should we give her. My other question is do the maids rotate week to week or do they work full time at the resort? Gracias...:cheeky:

Most folk would recommend leaving the maid a small tip every day. If that gets you really good service, leave her your unfinished cosmetics when you go and whatever vacationware you don't need/want to take back home with you.
Cash is always accepted, especially if it's Xmas time.

Depending on the resort and the dates of your stay, you will probably have the same maid every day. Treat her nicely and with respect - she'll make sure she stays as long as you.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
This looks to me like the OP is looking for suggestions in addition to the obvious cash.

Perfume and some chocolates would be a nice present.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002

Most folk would recommend leaving the maid a small tip every day. If that gets you really good service, leave her your unfinished cosmetics when you go and whatever vacationware you don't need/want to take back home with you.
Cash is always accepted, especially if it's Xmas time.

Depending on the resort and the dates of your stay, you will probably have the same maid every day. Treat her nicely and with respect - she'll make sure she stays as long as you.

Please do not leave your unused cosmetics!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should NEVER share or give away items a woman has already used. First it is unhygenic (wish I could spell that word) and second it is rather insulting. As for your vacation wear, only if it is clean and in good condition!

Leave cash!!!! If you also bring unused items to give then that is very nice.

Reactions: Malibook

sosua1

Sep 24, 2006
That was very helpful Amigo's and Amiga's. Gracias. Now I know what to do and give.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i usually bring some small items with me from the US for kids (school supplies)and adults (cologne and perfume). you can buy most at the dollar store...

faithie

Oct 29, 2008
We leave in 2 days & will be in Samana over Xmas. From my research I've decided to leave her a little cash$ each day along with a little gift(nail polish, perfume, lipgloss, etc.) Cash is king but a little suprise is always nice, especially at xmas.(I also bought a couple of girl & boy toys).

Status
Not open for further replies.