Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default plane missing en route from Santo Domingo to NYC

apparently went off radar near the Turks and Caicos Islands, US Coast Guard searching there

11 people on board (didn't know you can fit that many in that type of plane)

Atlantis Airlines

FOXNews.com - Plane Carrying 11 Missing En Route to New York - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Good grief, that plane left from Santiago, may God help them.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you know it was Santiago? The Fox News report said Santo Domingo however there must have been in error because they said 35 mins after take off it disappeared from radar which would not put the plane near the Turks and Caicos, however, if they left from Santiago then this would be correct.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Conchman View Post
    How do you know it was Santiago? The Fox News report said Santo Domingo however there must have been in error because they said 35 mins after take off it disappeared from radar which would not put the plane near the Turks and Caicos, however, if they left from Santiago then this would be correct.
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm almost certain the article said Santiago when you posted it, I'm fairly certain they must have edited it.

Here is another article that confirms it left from Santiago:

Aún se desconoce qué pasó con la avioneta - Hoy Digital

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Conchman View Post
    The original article said the plane left from Santiago, however it was reported from Santo Domingo.

Here is an update from FoxNews. Some of the details contradict the original report.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't notice this the first time I read the article:

The company's owner, Luis Perez, said the plane was for sale and was only supposed to be inspected in the Dominican Republic. He planned to report it as stolen.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rellosk View Post
    The original article said the plane left from Santiago, however it was reported from Santo Domingo.

Here is an update from FoxNews. Some of the details contradict the original report.
    I suspect shenanigans.

The REQUIRED international flight plan would show clearly where the plane left, where it was heading, the specific route, and when the flight plan was closed.

There wouldn't be much confusion.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

this is very suspicious:

"The company's owner, Luis Perez, said the plane was for sale and was only supposed to be inspected in the Dominican Republic. He planned to report it as stolen."

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems the Fox News article has been edited and updated

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My heart just dropped..........
    SHALENA

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast