Santiago Courtyard by Marriott... Closed or no longer a Marriott Brand?

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
I recently searched the marriott.com website and called the reservations number and they don't have it in their database? The only hotels they had for the DR are in SDQ.

Anyone with information in Santiago knows whats going on with the Santiago Courtyard by Marriott near the airport? Is it closed? being re-branded? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: rellosk

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Sold to the Hodelpa Group. I saw them putting up the new temporary sign last week.

Reactions: R.Dennis

SJC0009

Oct 12, 2007
The hotel has a temporary sign. It says "Hotel Garden Court" Usually Garden Courts are associated with Hilton Brand.
I have a corporate contract with Gran Almirante and there reservations manager says they dont own the hotel. Maybe they do but the staff havent been informed yet.
The Marriott signage has been removed already!
I was staying at the Jaragua in Santo Domingo this past weekend and many staff members told me the propertis for sale by marriott Group. They received a site visit last week from the Barcelo

Reactions: R.Dennis

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Thanks for the replies guys! I wonder what is happening with Marriott in DR? I always get great rates on hotels there (emp discount) sadly that may be coming to an end at the Jaragua as well?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
The hotel has a temporary sign. It says "Hotel Garden Court" Usually Garden Courts are associated with Hilton Brand.
I have a corporate contract with Gran Almirante and there reservations manager says they dont own the hotel. Maybe they do but the staff havent been informed yet.
The Marriott signage has been removed already!
I was staying at the Jaragua in Santo Domingo this past weekend and many staff members told me the propertis for sale by marriott Group. They received a site visit last week from the Barcelo
I think the Hilton chain is called Garden Inn.

The Jaragua has been up for sale ever since they spent the insurance money they got from hurricane Georges (???). Evidently they are asking top dollar.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Timm,

when will your site be up and running? I also suggest you contact Robert about advertising on DR1.

it's inexpensive in comparison to the exposure that you will receive

send him a PM and read the advertising section