Thread: Import Brokers

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Import Brokers

I have a friend who is moving to the Dominican Republic from the U.S. He has asked for suggestions / recommendations of shippers who can import his household goods. His initial containers will be sent under his new residency status (if this matters).

He is hoping to locate a 'door to door' service. From Miami, FL to his new home in the Dominican Republic.

Does anyone have specific knowledge of good import/export brokers who can provide this service? Please PM me with contact information if you do.

Thanks!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent you a PM.

TheHun

Post Thanks / Like

I will be happy to get a door to door Import broker also
    Thank you

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We could use that information as well...I have found a few on the net but experience with one or more is always helpful.

Thanks much !

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I could use this information also. I will be moving the end of January from Miami (Florida Keys) to Cabrera with a 40 foot container. I would like a company with door to door services that has a customs broker in the DR. I understand that I need a certain paper from the consulate to be eligible for duty free used household goods. I would appreciate any information on that subject also.

Thank yoy

Bigfish

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone send me some information about a Broker/Importer that could give me an (albeit) estimate of how much the import duties would be to bring a given vehicle to the Dominican Republic?
    Thanks

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Can somebody just not post the info right here on the forum so everyone can make use of the info or is it a big secret so we have to do PMs.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Try Hispaniola Freight in Sto Domingo. There is also an advert here on the DR1 site for a mover/customs company - English speaking.