Searching for Legend Of A Man Who Was Indestructable

Rubidubi

Apr 30, 2007
... Ok, maybe not indestructable, but its a story I've heard many times from Grandparents and the old folks in DR.

Its a story similar to one written by Don Juan Bosch calledLa Noche Buena de Encarnacion Mendoza. It's about man who was excaping the authorities, and on the way was helping people who were being abused by other's. He would do this from town to town, I believe, and his story grew and grew to the point where he was becoming a legend. This caused the authorities who were searching for him to but a bounty on his head.

The man then got to the point where he was going to finish one final job and knew he would die. He told a friend of his what he was going to do and told him to claim the money when he did die, saying that he had killed him.

It could be I may be confusing this story, with many others and the one written by Don Juan Bosch. I've been searching all day for this story, because I have read it before on line as well but I can't find it anywhere.

If anyone here can help me, I'd appreciate it. Its also important to show that Dominican's have folk tales that are incredibly positive. Thats pretty much I want to find information this story.

Thanks,
Rubidubi