smoking ban in public places

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
whats all this I have read in sosua news about a smoking ban with fines of RD$ 26,ooo to 48,oooo does anyone know about it and do smokers or establishments get fined ? will ashtrays still be provided then the providers ring for the police lol ?

It kind of puts the hookah bar idea out of the window so to speak

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
It's one of those things that's on the book as a law, but bars don't enforce it because of fear of losing customers...Thanksfully Dominicans don't normally smoke as the practice is considered dirty and smelly and Dominicans want to smell good for the ladies and the guys don't normally like girls who smoke either, so that keeps it in check.

One of the things I like about going to a bar in The DR Vs. US where every time you get out of there smelling like pure tobacco smoke...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
in theory anyone smoking in an enclosed bar/restaurant/disco etc can be fined then , if the police decide its smoking fine day ?

You know you love me really --- cheeky-chops

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Of course I love you, that's why your still allowed to post and burned through about 5 different usernames in the past 18 months :)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
It's one of those things that's on the book as a law, but bars don't enforce it because of fear of losing customers...Thanksfully Dominicans don't normally smoke as the practice is considered dirty and smelly and Dominicans want to smell good for the ladies and the guys don't normally like girls who smoke either, so that keeps it in check.

One of the things I like about going to a bar in The DR Vs. US where every time you get out of there smelling like pure tobacco smoke...

not very many states allow you to smoke anymore. off topic, i went to Panama in October and they have a smoking ban in place since April. like dominicans, Panamanians don't like to smell like smoke either but they do have cigar bars.
what a difference !!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun