whatr are the hottest clubs!!!!

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
Im traveling with my boyfriend, we will be there on new years day whats the hottest club to go to in puerto plata??? thurs fri sat??

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
and by the way wre from new york so we dont want any corny clubs that play crap music we want some crazy club that will make us remember our vacation !! but not to crazy and not dirty!!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
where are you staying in POP ? the reason i ask is that Playa Dorada will be jumping for New Year's....

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
and by the way wre from new york so we dont want any corny clubs that play crap music we want some crazy club that will make us remember our vacation !! but not to crazy and not dirty!!

La Barrica in Puerta Plata might fit your bill. Loud, Dominican, dark, and crazy would describe this place well. Located on the road towards Santiago on your right.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Do you want tourist music or latin music? Makes a huge difference.

For tourist music any of the clubs right at Playa Dorada complex will suit your needs.

If you want local music - well we have several decent clubs to go to:

La Canita - loud, large and busy all thru the holidays.

Enigma - at the new Sunix gas station complex - small, air conditioned, more reggaeton then other clubs, younger crowd

Terraza Caribe - loud, midsized and busy thru the holidays. Less trouble then La Canita

Rancho tipico Puerto Plata - nicer of the rancho tipico style clubs, a bit out of town so a bit better crowd. Busy all thru the holidays too.

Montellano - Homerun - another rancho tipico - loud, midsize.

All the clubs will play several merengues, followed by several bachattas and then a few salsas with maybe a reggaeton or two. Enigma will play a few more reggaetons.

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
Well i like stylish places if any. classy? so to describe. we have alot of style so we like the same when we go out. Not to sound stuck up just giving example.

do people dress up or do all the girls look cheap?

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
Do you want tourist music or latin music? Makes a huge difference.

For tourist music any of the clubs right at Playa Dorada complex will suit your needs.

La Canita - loud, large and busy all thru the holidays.

Enigma - at the new Sunix gas station complex - small, air conditioned, more reggaeton then other clubs, younger crowd

Terraza Caribe - loud, midsized and busy thru the holidays. Less trouble then La Canita

Rancho tipico Puerto Plata - nicer of the rancho tipico style clubs, a bit out of town so a bit better crowd. Busy all thru the holidays too.

Montellano - Homerun - another rancho tipico - loud, midsize.

All the clubs will play several merengues, followed by several bachattas and then a few salsas with maybe a reggaeton or two. Enigma will play a few more reggaetons.

WHen you say tourist music you mean like american music like what we listen to in like miami and new york right?

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
where are you staying in POP ? the reason i ask is that Playa Dorada will be jumping for New Year's....

Are you from pop or the states? just wondering? playa dorada is where most of the tourists go to? is it big? classy? dress style?

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
The most

The best club I think is Classico in Sosua. The clubs in Playa Dorado are good, but are too touristy. Classico crowd likes to party and has a good mix of locals and tourists party people .
Plus it depends on what ever floats your boat while you are in the Domincan Republic.

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
WHen you say tourist music you mean like american music like what we listen to in like miami and new york right?

American music will be like Hip Hop, Pop and some Rap. All depends on where you go.

Playa Dorada is the toursit complex in Puerto Plata where most of the hotels are. There are discos/clubs there that will play American music and Dominican music like Bachata, Merengue and Reggaeton. The complex caters more to the tourists that are there with a little Dominican feel.

Most people will dress up to go out at night. They are usually not in there day time wear like shorts and T-shirts and bathing suits. You will be fine dressing up.

If you want to experince something other then American Music then go to some of the places that were mention in the past posts. I am from Canada and I have been to a few of them. They are good places to go to. Not cheesy and not boring.

Cheers
Erin

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Classico is too far away and full of hookers.

Sun Village is in Cofresi - about a 15 minute taxi ride to playa dorada. In Cofresi you have the disco at Ocean World - very nice but often boring to me. I don't like tourist music. If you like american music you will like Ocean World or the clubs in Playa Dorada.

You will get an incredible cross section of dress in playa dorada. Ocean World tends to be a little dressier.

Local clubs in Puerto Plata - you will not see locals dressed in shorts and t's or beach wear. They do dress decently - but mostly jeans etc.

La Barrica - I don't even mention - it is DARK and the dance floor is small. I don't recommend it as I wont' recommend any place I would not go to.

Sep 19, 2005
Just how many "clubs" or discos are in Playa dorado??

there used to be maybe three...roadhouse, hemmingways, and Mangu

but I thought I heard mangu is closed...

roadhouse is punky

hemmingways was never full

bad bad bob

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Are you from pop or the states? just wondering? playa dorada is where most of the tourists go to? is it big? classy? dress style?

i am from the states but a regular visitor every 3-4 months. planner has named you the best places (since she is very classy *wink*). take her advice.
but you owe it to yourself to visit sosua for a night of wild and crazy....

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
Classico is too far away and full of hookers.

Sun Village is in Cofresi - about a 15 minute taxi ride to playa dorada. In Cofresi you have the disco at Ocean World - very nice but often boring to me. I don't like tourist music. If you like american music you will like Ocean World or the clubs in Playa Dorada.

You will get an incredible cross section of dress in playa dorada. Ocean World tends to be a little dressier.

Local clubs in Puerto Plata - you will not see locals dressed in shorts and t's or beach wear. They do dress decently - but mostly jeans etc.

La Barrica - I don't even mention - it is DARK and the dance floor is small. I don't recommend it as I wont' recommend any place I would not go to.[DO YOU LIVE IN DR? SO WHAT CLUB WOULD YOU RECCOMEND THATS REMOTELY CLOSE TO MY RESORT AND COOL? FOR THESE DAYS-THURSDAY(NEW YEARS DAY), FRI,SAT? IM DEF GONNA CHECK OUT PLAYA DORADA BUT I ALSO WANNA A NICE FEEL FOR DR.

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
i am from the states but a regular visitor every 3-4 months. Planner has named you the best places (since she is very classy *wink*). Take her advice.
But you owe it to yourself to visit sosua for a night of wild and crazy....

is there any specific night thats best to goto sosua?

ITALIAN99

Dec 17, 2008
do you want tourist music or latin music? Makes a huge difference.

For tourist music any of the clubs right at playa dorada complex will suit your needs.

La canita - loud, large and busy all thru the holidays.

Enigma - at the new sunix gas station complex - small, air conditioned, more reggaeton then other clubs, younger crowd

terraza caribe - loud, midsized and busy thru the holidays. Less trouble then la canita

rancho tipico puerto plata - nicer of the rancho tipico style clubs, a bit out of town so a bit better crowd. Busy all thru the holidays too.

Montellano - homerun - another rancho tipico - loud, midsize.

so planner are theses clubs expensive to get into cause im a hopper! Lol im from the city (nyc) so we hop alot. What are the cover charges and are drinks expensive? How far are the clubs from my resort sun village?

Is it bad in dr? Like do i have to watch my purse and stuff? We have never gone here before its not our first pick but its cheap.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Yes I live here, over 5 years now. Club hopping is not an issue normally but I dont know for New Year's Eve. For that night I would stick to the area of the hotel - the Lounge at Ocean World will put on a good party.

Coming into Puerto Plata, leave the hotel about 9 or 9:30 - start at Rancho Tipico, then move on to La Canita, then Terraza Caribe and finish at Enigma - from there back to your hotel ............ 4 dominican clubs in one night will do you fine......LOL

Watch your purse at all times - in fact I leave mine at home - out your money in your pocket! LEave your room key at the hotel front desk and just go. Forget the makeup etc etc. You are on vacation and already look great ;)

PLaya Dorada - don't go out until after 11 pm. Start at the plaza where you will find hemingways roadway and the new club coco bongo. If you run out of clubs you can go to Paradise hotel to Crazy Moon. That again should do you for a whole night......

KYLE - thank you darlin.......

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Forgot - no not expensive - unless there is a live band and then you might pay $20 us or so to get in. BUT the bands never start until late............

Drinks in local clubs are VERY inexpensive. Drinks in Playa Dorada are "tourist" prices.... :cheeky:

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
With regards to “is it bad – do I need to watch my bag” – you need to do that all over the world and right here in the UK if you leave your bag some where, go for a dance and come back 10 mins later – the chances are it may be missing!

I would suggest for the biggest night of your holiday go to The Lighthouse at Ocean World – this will be big on NYE, its smart, stylish and the more affiant people will be there on this night!

If your want to discover more of the island, and a little more real – try a Tipico – think Planner is spot on here – I would go to Homerun – it’s a taxi ride – about half hour.

The other thing I would suggest for you is to go to Playa Dorada for the clubs – it will be safer for you – other tourists, taxis a plenty and im sure you will have a blast!