Car rental for few days

Hedinsei

Dec 15, 2008
We are looking for car rental for 3.5 days in January. We want to pick up the car in Santo Domingo and to return it in La Romana, but not in the airport.

So far I found only couple of international companies which would allow this - Avis and Nationalcar. After all insurances, the cost for 3.5 days for a sedan car is ~$350 which is a bit too much to my mind.

Are there any reliable but cheaper local companies?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I doubt you will find any small company that would allow you to rent a car in one place and return the car to another location. And as you have found out the larger ones will charge an arm and a leg.

We are looking for car rental for 3.5 days in January. We want to pick up the car in Santo Domingo and to return it in La Romana, but not in the airport.

So far I found only couple of international companies which would allow this - Avis and Nationalcar. After all insurances, the cost for 3.5 days for a sedan car is ~$350 which is a bit too much to my mind.

Are there any reliable but cheaper local companies?

Rent the car with a visa gold or platinum and waive the insurance and that should save you at least 100 dollars on the price. The reason it is so hight the price is the drop off charge for the car in a different city.