Isla Saona

Oldanalyst

Nov 29, 2008
We will be in Boca Chica in January and plan to take a day trip to Isla Saona. Has anyone done so recently and if so, was the trip worth your time and money.

We will have a car and can drive to Bayahibe or La Romana. Would this be desirable or should we go with a tour that starts from Santo Domingo and would pick us up at our hotel in Boca Chica?

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
I am going to La Saona on one of those tours with Metro this Saturday Dec 20th... I can let you know after I come back!

I hear the roads are horrible, which is a point you should consider, so I will have first hand look into that.

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
If you are planning on and agreeable with driving, by getting to Bayahibe on your own you'll have many more options at tours than you would booking a tour out of Santo Domingo. There are a handful of smaller dive shops with headquarters in Bayahibe which can offer a different and more intimate tour. If you like the sound of the tours that are going from Santo Domingo or Boca Chica, you can certainly go that route for the peace of mind and freedom to consume the free-flowing beverages you will be offered.

I enjoyed my big tour company trip to Saona enough to entertain a return visit to the island on another occasion, but at that point I looked into the alternatives and was happier with my experiences visiting Saona Island with Seavis Bayahibe.

Kaki