impossible to find reasonable resort punta cana!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourist

Dec 19, 2008
If anyone knows of reasonable prices accomodation in striking distance or Punta Cana on the beach as my friend is on crutches after an accident, between 31st Dec or 1st of Jan for 7 nights or more. Prefferably a resort allinclusive but a ground floor apartmant or hotel with lift. I have been to DR before at this time of year and I can only find rediculous prices

summertime101

Nov 12, 2008
Try Hotwire.com. You don't get to find out the name of the hotel until after you pay for it by credit card. However, there is a 3.5 star listed for $139US/night. I believe you will end up getting Grand Paradise Bavaro. Don't mark my word for it tho'. Nice hotel, food ok! Used Hotwire many times, and have not been disappointed with what I've received yet.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Try Barcelo premium, Used to be Breezes. The prices were always very reasonable and have lots of amenities, good for couples, families. The food is ok, but if you want cheap and cheerful then its value for money. Also there are lifts.

Serenis i believe is also quite reasonably priced, I have never stayed there but i have been there on business a few times and a friend of mine reps there. Well known for being one of the cheaper hotels but i couldnt comment on service, rooms and food.

Also, yes Grand Paradise is also quite cheap, and again i have not stayed but been on business and i didnt like the hotel at all. But obviously people who have stayed there will have much better idea than myself.

Obviously the time you have chosen to go is probably the most expensive time of year. Have a nice time wherever you go!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the biggest prob are your travel dates.
you wanna visit during the busiest and most expensive time of the year but looking for 'reasonable' rates.
during your mentioned travel week, specially including new years day, i would say take any deal of 150US per night and down, such would be very reasonable.
happy travel
Mike

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
I realize it's to late now but the Carabella is $90 a night and I was able to talk them down to $75 (Which I was later told was too much.).

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that sounds like per person per night when in a double room, their extra for a single room is all around the year anyways just 12-15 bucks per room.
Rubio,
if you ever want to spend a night or weekend at the carabela let me know, i use that resort for the lodging of my professional regulars, i get you much less than the mentioned rates over my billing.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.