Aura

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
Aura was my best experiences in the DR ( service, food etc ). Is there anything similar within one hour or so driving distace from the capital ?

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Aura was my best experiences in the DR ( service, food etc ). Is there anything similar within one hour or so driving distace from the capital ?

I too have been lamenting the demise of what I considered to be a "special" place, one of the better establishments of its kind, and I have heard from friends that the "in" place is now just a little further up the beach from Aura. I don't have any more information than that right now as I've yet to go and take a look around for myself, but I guess that one of our Jaun Dolio resident posters might be able to fill in the gaps for us.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I too have been lamenting the demise of what I considered to be a "special" place, one of the better establishments of its kind, and I have heard from friends that the "in" place is now just a little further up the beach from Aura. I don't have any more information than that right now as I've yet to go and take a look around for myself, but I guess that one of our Jaun Dolio resident posters might be able to fill in the gaps for us.

Has Aura closed??? I was there a month ago for the day and also for dinner and there was very little on the menu. The only other place I can think of near Aura would be El Pescador in Guayacanes where you can lie on the beach and also eat and drink very good food. It is open from early morning to late. The food and service are very good but it does not have the Aura ambiance. It is just a nice restaurant with sun beds and umbrellas.

The other place might also be Deli Suisse restaurant in Guayacanes which has fabulous food but expensive. I do not think they have sun beds though. It is more a place for lunch and dinner rather than a beach day - but a lovely location.

matilda

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
Has Aura closed??? I was there a month ago for the day and also for dinner and there was very little on the menu. The only other place I can think of near Aura would be El Pescador in Guayacanes where you can lie on the beach and also eat and drink very good food. It is open from early morning to late. The food and service are very good but it does not have the Aura ambiance. It is just a nice restaurant with sun beds and umbrellas.

The other place might also be Deli Suisse restaurant in Guayacanes which has fabulous food but expensive. I do not think they have sun beds though. It is more a place for lunch and dinner rather than a beach day - but a lovely location.

matilda

Gracias, could you please give directions for both places.

Off the topic, I was in Barbados last week and the place where I was staying looked very much like Aura...long story short - when I asked one of the owners about it he just smirked

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005

matilda

Deli Suisse is a great restaurant as long as someone else is picking up the check!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
El Pescador is in the middle of Guayacanes. Take first entrance to Guayacanes from the Boulevard Motorway and it is about 1/4 mile on the right. Has a big sign outside saying El Pescador!!! Deli Suisse is before - again on the right with a glass entrance door.

matilda