Christmas dinner in Cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baygirl

Dec 19, 2008
We're in Cabarete over Christmas, and I'm wondering if restaurants are open on the 24th/25th? I'm not necessarily looking for a 'traditional' dinner, but don't want to find out on the big day that everything is closed either! We're in a condo, but I'm not especially excited about trying to cook a big bird here - I don't think there's a roasting pan :). Anyone have any best kept secrets about restaurants in Cabarete (or even Sosua) on Christmas Eve or Christmas day?...Thanks, all.

Silver Fox 60

Jan 17, 2007
My wife and are also looking for a good restaurant in Sosua or Cabereta as we will not have any appliances in our new home by Cristmas Day. We are also wondering if the supermarcato in Sosua sells coffee makers? Most important on Christmas morning. lol

Islander777

Sep 19, 2008
In my ten Christmas days in Cabarete I have always found food but with difficulty. Some of the restaurants on the beach will be open, but only some. Its a good idea to stock up on coffee and some food for the holiday as most places are closed on Christmas day.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
You can get a coffee maker at the hardware store in Caberete. It's next to Carbie expree office and across from Tropico. They also have them in Playero but they cost more.

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
maybe if you have made friends with any of the local residents of Cabarete you could contribute to their dinners and celebrate with them,,,

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
If you want a traditional Christmas dinner and like sports, you can go to Jose O' Shea's,. on the beach in Cabarete They do a nice Xmas spread. Turkey dinner with the works, similar to traditional American Thanksgiving.
It's a little pricey but if that is what your looking for you will have a spectaculat gringo time !

voyvoycabarete

Dec 22, 2008
Dominican Christmas Dinner at voyvoy!

On December 25th voyvoy will be hosting a traditional Dominican Christmas dinner.
Turkey, pork, traditional salads, pan Telera, yucca with mojo, casave, pudin de pan.
650 RDS per person
See you there

baygirl

Dec 19, 2008
Chrismas dinner in Cabarete

Thanks for all the responses so far. Anyone ever been to the Xmas eve dinner at Tropicoco? I've heard it's good, but seems very pricey (I think 1200 pesos/person). I'm wondering if it's worth it, so open to all opinions :)

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
the price in Tropicoco for the Christmas diner is, 650 pesos person, so not expensive

baygirl

Dec 19, 2008
Are you sure that's not a "local's" price, Ramy? The reason I ask is that I double checked it today as I was walking past Tropicoco, and it definitely said 1200 pesos. I wouldn't be squirming so much if it was 650 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.