4 days 'till Christmas

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
As we approach Christmas and New Years in our adoptive country, away from our blood relatives, we get a deeper appreciation for all our good friends and good fortune.
Thanks to DR1 and the avenues it has opened for me, I now have many people who are dear to me, some who I have never even met in person.
You all know who you are and I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a New Year of good health and happiness.
Warmest regards, Marco.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well, good buddy, I happily return those good wishes. May the Christmas Season bring you peace and tranquility, and the New Year lots of customers to the best place in Sos?a ....

HB

Mar 2, 2008
Nice thoughts, and well said. I'm sure many of us feel a similar appreciation for the friendships we,ve acquired through the many interesting personalities we have come to know via DR1.

While it can't quite be described as 'one big happy family', there is certainly a spirit of kinship and, for the most part, a feeling of mutually shared respect.

I'm happy to have the opportunity to join Marco in wishing the DR1 clan seasons greetings, and hope everyone enjoys a thoughtful and reflective new year.

Reactions: FernieBee and Rocky

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Marco, I share your sentiments.

I often reflect on the many wonderful people I have come to know through DR1 and the friendships forged as a result. In many instances, I feel privileged.

I hereby join Marco, HB and catcher in wishing everybody compliments of the season and a peaceful, happy and prosperous 2009.

Reactions: jrhartley and Rocky

sammystorm19

Apr 8, 2007
I agree too. I just want to wish everyone on here a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years.

I have to say that I am exicited to be spening my very first Christmas down in Sosua. After travelling to the Dominican for years, I have finally been able to come down for the holiday season.

Have a great holiday season everyone!!!

Cheers
Erin

Reactions: Rocky

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
I too want to send along the best of the season to all. May the spirit of the season bring you happiness and joy and may the new year bring you all you hope for.

New Years Eve at Rocky's... WOW, I can't wait. See you there Marco.

Rick

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Although I know I am somewhat biased, this is the first thread that has tempted me to post for a while. Am so delighted to see such a lovely message from our VERY good friend Rocky and, both Charlie and I, would like to join Marco in wishing everyone an excellent Christmas and a great 2009. I would also like to thank DR1 for the opportunity of making such great friends, both on and offline. Happy holidays everyone!!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
TropicalChristmas.jpg

Reactions: drloca and Rocky

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
You know something, I have not been feeling particulary christmasy this year..but that message really made me feel all warm and tingly Marco.

I have met some wonderful people through DR1 and i know that had i not, the past four years would have been very difficult, if not impossible. So thank you to all those friends, some old and some new that have made my life here so much easier. I hope you know who you are.

Its true not all of us agree and sometimes bump heads, but i know if one of us had a real emergency that silly rivalry's would be forgotten and the true spirit of what DR1 is all about would shine through.

Merry Christmas everyone! x

P.S please everyone stay safe, those roads are full of crazies right now!

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
This year is harder to be without my family than any other year. Those who know me know why. I thank God for you guys!

I wish all my friends.......my "family".....a very Merry Christmas, and all the best to everyone in 2009.

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
Dear all,
It has been great fun to read your comments on some of the more hilarious threats found on DR1, and have had great use of your ideas and information for my numerous visits to the DR over the last couple of years.

May this Christmas bring you happiness and all the best wishes for the New Year to come.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I've been holding off posting my 10,000th post for something special and this seems to be it.

I too have met so many wondeful people and made special friends through DR1 including Marco.

Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year to you all.

Reactions: Rocky and Bronxboy

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Great timing Anna.
I too would like to say thank you to all of you.
DR1 is the first place go when I have a problem or a question and have over the years received great advice and direction
Hope you all have a great Holiday and New Year !

A

apostropheman

I was lucky to find both the DR and DR1 many years ago and blessed to make many wonderful friends since. Like others I have found more family here and am very grateful.

All the best to everyone, but especially to those I've met here on DR1 and in the DR, during this wonderful season and in the new year to come.

Pax.

Sep 19, 2005
I've been holding off posting my 10,000th post for something special and this seems to be it.

I too have met so many wondeful people and made special friends through DR1 including Marco.

Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year to you all.

yeah but 4,000 posts were to tell us that the thread is closed....

ooopps............. I mean, merry christmas to you too Anna !! ha ha ha

well I just missed the most recent DR1 NYC getogether and it took a blizzard to keep me away..because it is a nice group of people I come to interact with on and about stuff related to the dominican replublic. I hope to continue that with all the DR1 people that make the site a really nice place to check out every day.

merry christmas to all you that really help out all the newbies coming into the site..evenutally they arent newbies and some might become veterns at some point...all because they were allowed to fit in, and they did

bad bad bob

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It has been great fun to read your comments on some of the more hilarious threats found on DR1, and have had great use of your ideas and information for my numerous visits to the DR over the last couple of years.

Pretty good fun to read yours, too, Arrica :) .

I too would like to add my seasonal greetings to Rocky and everyone else who would like to receive them.

Special request to jrhartley, this one's for you, no cheating, possum.
Christmas Song "Titles" Version 1