Post Thanks / Like

Default Miami to El Catey airport

What's the best way to go from Miami to El Catey airport in the coming weeks?
    Thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If El Catey is your final destination then your best bet would be fly Miami to either Dusseldorf or Toronto and and connect direct to El Catey, but might be quicker and cheaper to fly straight to SDQ and take a taxi to El Catey..

Kidding aside,,, At the moment I do not believe there are any direct flights from the USA to El Catey. Echos say that AA might be starting in Feb 09,

Happy Holidays and have a safe and pleasant flight !

lt

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your tips and all the best for the coming year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CG-LT View Post
    If El Catey is your final destination then your best bet would be fly Miami Limo to either Dusseldorf or Toronto and and connect direct to El Catey, but might be quicker and cheaper to fly straight to SDQ and take a taxi to El Catey..

Kidding aside,,, At the moment I do not believe there are any direct flights from the USA to El Catey. Echos say that AA might be starting in Feb 09, Miami Airport Hotels.

Happy Holidays and have a safe and pleasant flight !

lt
    I know this is old but I had been wondering the same thing for my upcoming trip. Glad I stumbled upon this post.

thanks again!

-jim

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Still not a flight from the USA into Samana El Catey airport. They do fly in from Montreal 3 times a week I believe with Air Canada. But Santo Domingo is the best bet now as a taxi runs my clients about $225 to Samana.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that there flights from Puerto Rico into El Catey. I'm trying to figure it out now. I should have stopped by when i was there this past week, but i didnt. Does anyone know if they have a website for the airport? I cant seem to find one.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Takeoff (SAP Air) is another option..they have 3 flights a day from Santo Domingo to the other airport in Samana, El Portillo, which is just outside of Las Terrenas. Cost is $100 USD

Home

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

i was wondering about takeoff. they state on their regular flights a service from portillo to sdq(las americas) but the flight TO portillo they only have listed as from the other santo domingo airport (higuero??) this seems a bit odd so if anyone has info on it i would be interested. there is a big difference. thx, ben

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure but...

Takeoff could be like Aerodomca's flights to Santo Domingo from El Portillo,

From El Portillo they fly to SDQ (Las Americas) then on to La Isabella/Higuero,
    but if your flying to El Portillo you leave from La Isabella.
    In saying that and seeing as there are no set rules in this country you could most likely board the plane at Las Americas Intl. and fly to El Portillo via La Isabella/Higuero

In any case the flights are great !!

lt

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

You arrive in SDQ first when flying from El Portillo. Then the plane goes to Isabella. It doesn't take on passengers at SDQ, only drops them there. You want to fly to Portillo from Santo Domingo you have to make your way over to Isabella or whatever it is called, the other airport in the Capital.