Does anyone know of a movie filmed in Sosua about two or three years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
There was a movie filmed in Sosua (in El Batey, Charimicos, etc.) about 2 - 3 years ago by a French or Italian producer. It featured some local Dominican children. Does anyone know anything about this movie (i.e. the name of the movie, the name of the director, producer, etc.). If anyone can recall a movie being made a few years ago in this area, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
I am surprised no one knows of a movie being filmed in Sosua about 2 - 3 years ago??? The reason I am asking is because a niece and nephew of my husband and I were in the movie. A producer came to their school in Maranata looking for the "perfect look" of domincan children for the movie and they were both chosen. They were promised lots of money, etc. and, of course, none of it has materialized. They were exploited. These people are uneducated and were taken advantage of. The children were involved in filming in Charamicos, El Batey, Cabarate, etc. and were promised money once the monie was released. They have seen the movie but don't even know the name.

Anyway, I wanted to look into the whole matter on their behalf and thought someone here might be able to help? Let me know if anyone knows anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.