New Years Eve Cabarete

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Reservations on the Beach, Cabarete

They absolutely DO take reservations and they get booked quickly so I suggest you get your reservation made a.s.a.p.

atomiczombie

Dec 16, 2008
Are there fireworks on the beach in Cabarete? I've only been in Sosua during New Year's. Not sure what expect here.

Anyone who has been here or lives here for New Year's, can you tell us newbies what usually takes place? Does everything close early on New Year's Eve? Should I get out early that morning or maybe even the day before for groceries?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and advice.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Definitely stock up on groceries, although the stores are open, some even on New Year's day, but it's nice to have everything you need beforehand.

The beach starts filling up around 7 or 8 and gets more and more packed until midnight, when the fireworks are done. The party goes on till the early morning....with 1000's of peop[le partying all aong the beach. The bars and restaurants are all packed, and many people bring their own drinks and food. The busiest time is between 11 and 2 or 3...

Islander777

Sep 19, 2008
With several thousand people on the beach, if it rains everyone crams into the bars and it gets very crowded very fast! And it often seems to rain at least at some point in the evening.

Consider having dinner in Callejon de la Loma (Mercedes, Tigre, Bliss, Steakhouse) where all the locals are gearing up for the big festivities. Around 10p its seems that the entire village begins the walk to the beach. I always found Callejon much more fun than the beach early in the evening.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Consider having dinner in Callejon de la Loma (Mercedes, Tigre, Bliss, Steakhouse) where all the locals are gearing up for the big festivities. Around 10p its seems that the entire village begins the walk to the beach. I always found Callejon much more fun than the beach early in the evening.

EXCELLENT suggestion!!!!

Wim DutchExplorer

Sep 9, 2011
Bar Restaurant Eze in Cabarete takes reservations for a nice evening with a Dinner and Celebration.
Don't think I am allowed to leave a link to their website..so you have to Google it.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Bar Restaurant Eze in Cabarete takes reservations for a nice evening with a Dinner and Celebration.
Don't think I am allowed to leave a link to their website..so you have to Google it.

I assume you are the owner digging up a four year old post?
Post your FREE drink promotion for dr1 members.