Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to send the application to Port-Au-Prince?

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Question How to send the application to Port-Au-Prince?

I have the application for my wife almost ready, just waiting for the option-C printout, on the Immigration website it says they should be sent to Haiti, and they provide the address. I'm wondering how safe it is to send it by mail, there is a lot of info in there and some original documents, will it ever get to the destination? Should i FedEx it to them and does FedEx even go to Haiti, or can i drop if off at the embassy in Santo Domingo and then they send it Haiti? Thanks.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used Fedex to Haiti, but I belive you can also send UPS or DHL.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Isnt it to be send to Mississauga?? i thought after getting it ready you have to send it there and after they accept you as sponsor then they will send it to Haiti

what you send to Haiti is documents later on they will ask you for

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are sending in your applicatio it needs to be sent to Mississauga first to be approved and THEY send it to Haiti if it is complete after that.

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Now i am confused. So it needs to be sent to Mississauga office and they take it from there?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Is this the intial stage you are doing? Everything at first goes through the Mississaugua office to approve you to sponsor - when that is done THEY send your application to Haiti - not you. Check out the CIC website, it will give you all the info you need.

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Then i guess I'll take the docs with me to Toronto since I'll be going to visit my parents a few days after New Year's, do you know if the application can be handed in or does it have to be mailed? Thanks.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Liam:
    Maybe you should do yourself a favor and have someone look over the application with you. There are tons of community groups that help with immigration for free, there's even a list on the CIC web site.

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

The application is completed in full. Thanks.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by liam1 View Post
    Thanks. Then i guess I'll take the docs with me to Toronto since I'll be going to visit my parents a few days after New Year's, do you know if the application can be handed in or does it have to be mailed? Thanks.
    I am pretty sure you have to mail it in and send it registered mail - it goes to a PO Box. I could be wrong but just one more detail they want you to follow to the "T"! Good luck with your application!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast