rogue pool chemicals sosua

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
anyone else had problems with a batch of pool pucks that disolve almost immediately they are put in the skimmer and seem to remove a lot of the pool paint- I know my pool needed painting but this recent batch seems to have accelerated the process

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
just had one confirmation of what I thought from someone that bought chemicals at the same place in november/december - Im sure there must be others, although it wouldnt be as obvious if you have tiled pools- the tablets would just crumble away in less than half a day

Aug 21, 2007
I don't know about that....but when I went to buy "free chloro" this past time, I was told that none was available on the North Coast. I was told by the owner of the store that one shop on the North Coast was selling what they called free chloro, but it wasn't it at all. They also said that the "free chloro" (and maybe the tablets as well....I don't know) come from China and that there had been some problem getting it lately.

I personally don't know anything about pool chemicals. I just rely on the gentleman who owns the supply store and this is what he told me.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the pool supplier replaced my pucks but with a smaller quantity than i originally bought lol----there have been non at all for a few days due to the supplier in china apparently,hopefully the next batch will be real and not tablets made of persil...ive also noticed that the seals on some of the bottled chemicals are not always intact and the bottles look re-used.
The replacement pucks still disintegrated by the way- he says this is impossible and showed me one he had been keeping in water (hmmm why was he testing it - had someone else complained lol)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
bought my latest chemicals from the place next to el chocos restaurant - slightly more expensive but so far the tablets I used have lasted 7 times longer than the previous supplier and still going strong-

Aug 21, 2007
bought my latest chemicals from the place next to el chocos restaurant - slightly more expensive but so far the tablets I used have lasted 7 times longer than the previous supplier and still going strong-

That's where I buy mine. He was the person who told me about the problem getting the free chloro.

Keep giving him your business, jrhartley. They give discounts to good customers. I have gone to them for awhile, and now when they ring me up, they always say, "we are going to give you a good price."

I feel that I can trust them.

Lindsey

darkys

Feb 10, 2009
pools

hello out there,do any of you know how builds swimming pool in the dominican republic? and do they use gunite

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I must learn from the past - went to try original pool supplier again for chemicals to kill algae-I may as well have used washing powder and got a better result- the best option seems to be the pool center near el chocos , a little more expensive but at least its the real thing