Food at Casa Marina

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevswick

Jan 23, 2006
I have read in some reviews that the food at the buffets have really gone downhill lately.
Anyone else able to confirm or deny?
Thanks

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
They haven't changed, but you get what you pay for. Some AI's have great food, that's why you pay more. Get out. There some great Rest. in town.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Great food

The Cuban Cafe has great food. Best burger I have had since mmmm..... can't remember when!!! Rod also made me a Chai Latte Tea!!!!! Haven't had one of those in over a year!!! Lots of neat little places like this if you get out and experience life out of the resort. Great food & people to meet.
Enjoy!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The Cuban Cafe has great food. Best burger I have had since mmmm..... can't remember when!!! Rod also made me a Chai Latte Tea!!!!! Haven't had one of those in over a year!!! Lots of neat little places like this if you get out and experience life out of the resort. Great food & people to meet.
Enjoy!

Where is the cuban cafe please as I am always looking for a good burger.

Are they using DR beef or U.S.D.A. ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Where is the cuban cafe please as I am always looking for a good burger.

Are they using DR beef or U.S.D.A. ?

Thanks

NOt sure of the beef, but it was the best burger I have had here (other then my own). Cafe is located a couple of restaurants east of Britania restaurant on Pedro Calsinte (sp). Coffees are great as well. I wish them luck.

Bob K

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
You get for what you pay for... Exactly.

I let one of my friends arrange the Sosua trip in November. For $75 a night it really wasnt that bad. Unfortunately for me after staying at Parridissus Punta Cana AI it just didnt compare. It all depends on what you are used to and expect. After the first nite at the buffet I decided it wasnt for me. So i only had breakfast in the resort and then lunch/dinner outside. Bailys, right up the block had great food but on the pricey side. Rocky's of course was excellent.

jenascrich

Jan 3, 2009
The buffet at Casa Marina was OK. Breakfast was good, lunch was good because I went to the snack bar, but by the 4th night of the dinner buffett.. we started going out for dinner more.

jenascrich

Jan 3, 2009
Yes,you have the main buffet
the mexican resturant
the italian resturant
and the seafood resturant.

During lunch you have the main buffett as well as the snack bar that serves burgers, fries, fried chicken

Dec 21, 2008
Mr Silver Fox and I stayed at the Casa Marina in Nov 2008 and will NEVER recommend to anyone we like to stay there. The food was horrible at best. We found breakfast to be ok but when you find the meat from the night before on the breakfast buffet, you know you are in trouble. We found the restaurants outside the resort were great for both food and service. We have purchased a villa just outside Sosua so don't every have to worry about the AI experience again. This was definitely our worst AI experience from all of the trips we have taken. Strange cause some people we talked to LOVED the food but each to his own opinion and I have a pretty open mind. But seriously, stewed goat?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
a goat is only like a sheep with horns - Ive eaten in casa marina twice and thought the food with good but not particularly exciting (bear in mind this is not a 5 star all inclusive)- the sweets left a bit to be desired though

jenascrich

Jan 3, 2009
Well, goat is a traditional Dominican food. When in Rome......
The breakfast is good, lunch is good, dinner is so so you just got bored of it that's all. However, I had a great time when I was there and am planning on returning. There is more to the resort then food. Beautiful views, friendly staff, AI drinks, sun, pools, beach. So you go out a couple of times for dinner, no big deal.

Dec 21, 2008
Hey, each to his own. I said the food was terrible, not the people. Some of the bar staff were absolutely outstanding, the front desk left a little to be desired, housekeeping was understaffed but they did the best they could and were very pleasant. Wine was seriously watered down in the restaurants (al a carte and buffet). Pools need serious refinishing and the rooms in the old part are in desparate need of repairs and upgrading. There was so much mold in the bathroom in the room we stayed in that we had to be very careful. Talking to other guests, their rooms weren't in much better shape. Hey we came for sun and sand and to look at villas so the location suited us perfectly. The resort could be outstanding with a little work. I personally wouldn't stay there again but then again I have my own home in Sosua now. There was one bartender, I think his name was Pillo (sp??) who was great, friendly and after the second or third day, he knew what to pour each of us. Back to the goat (yes just a sheep with horns), and I wouldn't eat sheep either LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.