Feb 22, 2003
Sabor Latino
544 W. Harwood Rd.
Hurst, TX 76054

817 503 7223
817 503 7226

www.saborlatinotexas.com

Tuesday - Sunday 8AM till closing - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

My wife and I ate their yesterday and it was great - pescado con coco and pollo guisado. Rafael and Belkis Jorge are the owners. A Dominican island in the midst of the Metroplex. We had a wonderful time.

enh

catira 169

Jan 4, 2009
sabor latino

My son and I moved from Boston Mass. Two years ago. Only to realize non of the foods we grew to love in Mass., where available in Dallas. So i searched in the internet and found this really great Dominican restaurant outside of Fort Worth. Needless to say it was delicious. I had my favorite mondongo, and he had of course had what they call the "Dominican Flag", which consists of; rice, beans, meat, salad and of course batida de lechosa, we enjoyed it very much. 2 very big thumbs up. It was worth the drive from Mesquite.

pecanprincess_01

Jan 23, 2009
I just moved to Plano, Texas from New York. Mi novio es Dominicano... He is considering moving here but I want to take him to some places that he will enjoy and show him there are some Dominicans here. Any suggestions?

Flaco

Aug 2, 2005
I just moved to Plano, Texas from New York. Mi novio es Dominicano... He is considering moving here but I want to take him to some places that he will enjoy and show him there are some Dominicans here. Any suggestions?

If he likes to dance you have:
Mambo Cafe - downtown Dallas
Club Bliss - downtown Dallas
Gloria's Restaurant - all over DFW area (dance at most location on weekends)
La Joya Restaurant - Irving
Club Stratos - Dallas (near Hwy 635 and Midway)

Not many Dominican restaraunts, but there are a few Caribbean restaurants.

Looking to socialize... just go to one of the Dominican Society's meetups... very friendly and open people... they have events throughout the year as well...

Hope this helps

caballito1063

Jul 13, 2009
My son and I moved from Boston Mass. Two years ago. Only to realize non of the foods we grew to love in Mass., where available in Dallas. So i searched in the internet and found this really great Dominican restaurant outside of Fort Worth. Needless to say it was delicious. I had my favorite mondongo, and he had of course had what they call the "Dominican Flag", which consists of; rice, beans, meat, salad and of course batida de lechosa, we enjoyed it very much. 2 very big thumbs up. It was worth the drive from Mesquite.

sabor latino Restaurant in hurst ph.# 817-825-8425

caballito1063

Jul 13, 2009

take him to Sabor Latino Restaurant in Hurst ph.# 817-825-8415

caballito1063

Jul 13, 2009
If he likes to dance you have:
Mambo Cafe - downtown Dallas
Club Bliss - downtown Dallas
Gloria's Restaurant - all over DFW area (dance at most location on weekends)
La Joya Restaurant - Irving
Club Stratos - Dallas (near Hwy 635 and Midway)

Not many Dominican restaraunts, but there are a few Caribbean restaurants.

Looking to socialize... just go to one of the Dominican Society's meetups... very friendly and open people... they have events throughout the year as well...

Hope this helps

There are lots of Dominicans in the DFW area of Texas and there is a Restaurant calle SaborLtino in Hurst and the food is great! ph. # 817-825-8425

?

? bient?t

You can also meet up with other Dominicans here: LA SOCIEDAD CULTURAL DOMINICANA DALLAS FORT WORTH. The owners are members of the organization.

(And now, a bit of rule-breaking in reporting. Chacho, if MamIndie could see me now...)

Que no e' por ah?; e' por aqu?!

Pero aqu? tengo la copia de Mapqwest: tu va mal.

Diablo! Nadie trajo un yi-pi-?!

Se?ores, pero llamen a esa gente y preg?ntenle la direcci?n de nuevo.

No. Ya so se por donde e': sal en la pr?xima.

Yeah, y as? sucesivamente: 15 Dominicans, and 14 experts (the 12-year-old kid chilled with the iPod.)

And that's how we rolled from H-town--and on a rainy day--all the way to Big D. Big D, say you? Folks, even Ft Worth(less) is considered Dallas in the vast expanse that is the Republic of Texas. But you're right: Hurst ain't Dallas.

The short and sweet of it:

Sabor Latino was GREAT! The owner, Rafael, a former member of the US Marine Corps, was incredibly gracious and good-humored. The food: ni se diga. It was excellent! The wait staff is highly professional, patient, and should be the envy of other restaurants in the area. I may make a solo trip in the not-too-distant future.

Now, on to La Sociedad Cultural Dominicana de DFW:

Folks, on the way back to Houston, we couldn't say enough of these folks. (Eventually, I started Densa-quizzing the rest of the passengers, just to change the subject: "Ok, se?ores, cu?ntos outs hay en un inning? Si un avi?n cae en la frontera de R. Dominicana con Hait?, d?nde entierran a los sobrevivientes? ?C?mo piden los haitianos un 7-UP? "Muchachite, dame un cocacol beldo.") No, we couldn't say enough. We'd tell a few jokes, but eventually we would get back to the issue at hand: "Pero que bien nos trataron." "Oye, pero cuanta clase tienen!"

See, we're trying to form a similar organization in the Space City, so we decided to visit them, in order to get acquainted and, hopefully, learn from them. And learn we did, buddy! And how!

Professional, humble, and ever-so-welcoming, the SCD-DFW is a fine bunch of compatriotas that's making us proud.

I urge all Dominicans in the DFW area to join them. And if you're in the area, please visit Sabor Latino. No se arrepentir?n.

Flaco

Aug 2, 2005
Glad you had a good experience

(And now, a bit of rule-breaking in reporting. Chacho, if MamIndie could see me now...)

Que no e' por ah?; e' por aqu?!

Pero aqu? tengo la copia de Mapqwest: tu va mal.

Diablo! Nadie trajo un yi-pi-?!

Se?ores, pero llamen a esa gente y preg?ntenle la direcci?n de nuevo.

No. Ya so se por donde e': sal en la pr?xima.

Yeah, y as? sucesivamente: 15 Dominicans, and 14 experts (the 12-year-old kid chilled with the iPod.)

And that's how we rolled from H-town--and on a rainy day--all the way to Big D. Big D, say you? Folks, even Ft Worth(less) is considered Dallas in the vast expanse that is the Republic of Texas. But you're right: Hurst ain't Dallas.

The short and sweet of it:

Sabor Latino was GREAT! The owner, Rafael, a former member of the US Marine Corps, was incredibly gracious and good-humored. The food: ni se diga. It was excellent! The wait staff is highly professional, patient, and should be the envy of other restaurants in the area. I may make a solo trip in the not-too-distant future.

Now, on to La Sociedad Cultural Dominicana de DFW:

Folks, on the way back to Houston, we couldn't say enough of these folks. (Eventually, I started Densa-quizzing the rest of the passengers, just to change the subject: "Ok, se?ores, cu?ntos outs hay en un inning? Si un avi?n cae en la frontera de R. Dominicana con Hait?, d?nde entierran a los sobrevivientes? ?C?mo piden los haitianos un 7-UP? "Muchachite, dame un cocacol beldo.") No, we couldn't say enough. We'd tell a few jokes, but eventually we would get back to the issue at hand: "Pero que bien nos trataron." "Oye, pero cuanta clase tienen!"

See, we're trying to form a similar organization in the Space City, so we decided to visit them, in order to get acquainted and, hopefully, learn from them. And learn we did, buddy! And how!

Professional, humble, and ever-so-welcoming, the SCD-DFW is a fine bunch of compatriotas that's making us proud.

I urge all Dominicans in the DFW area to join them. And if you're in the area, please visit Sabor Latino. No se arrepentir?n.

Well let me be the first to say that I am glad that you enjoyed your experience in the DFW area... and I guess we people from the area just roll it all into one (Dallas, Plano, Frisco, Hurst, Euless, Arlington, etc.)... the organization has been very well organized, and it pleases me to hear that you are trying to do the same things in your area

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi

Will be in Dallas for a few weeks starting this weekend - anything going on - where there is a Dominican event planned or can you recommend a good Dominican dancing place around the DFW airport - thanks

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
Hi

Will be in Dallas for a few weeks starting this weekend - anything going on - where there is a Dominican event planned or can you recommend a good Dominican dancing place around the DFW airport - thanks

Anyone???????

Flaco

Aug 2, 2005
Well...

Hi

Anyone???????

If you are looking for strictly DOMINICAN, you will not find it... no perico ripiao or stuff like that... you can check La Joya restaurant in Irving for dancing, and there is a Gloria's in Colleyville I believe (check Salsa in Dallas Texas, salsa dance lessons, salsa dancing, salsa)... but mostly Salsa... if you plan on getting out and exploring the DFW area, then there are more options... but around the airport this is pretty much all you get