Calling 829 numbers from USA/Canada/UK for 1.8 cents/min

Feb 7, 2007
I know of a phone company which has a glitch in its system and considers 829 numbers (all) as USA, and therefore, the calling rate on their calling card is 1.8 US CENTS per minute for calls from USA, Canada and UK. This works only on 829 numbers, not on 809 numbers. Connection quality is very good. One minute billing, no connection fee. I came across this by accident, making calls to 829 numbers in recent days, and checking the billing records.

This works also in reverse, DR 829 numbers to USA/Canada/UK for 1.8 cents per minute.

I will disclose the information only via PM (for obvious reasons) and only to established DR1 members who comply (for obvious reasons) with one of the following:
a) 2 years membership minimum; or
b) 100 posts minimum; or
c) 30 rating points minimum.
The DR1 member must agree to NOT disclose this information further, under any circumstances, to ANYBODY, NOBODY.

People in official relationships with Sankies need not apply (are security risk). I will do a background check on DR1 on all people interested who are not known to me.

Because it's close to New Years and I am going to the snowy mountains, I reserve the right of longer reply time.

Last edited:

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Hit me with the info, please. BTW, how will we get notice of their catching the glitch?- D