Baby formula/milk available in the DR?

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Can anyone tell me what brands of baby formula are available in the DR, specifically in Puerto Plata/Santiago?

Do they sell the SMA brand there? Do they sell ready made formula in cartons?

Also, I am assuming it's OK to boil the drinking water you buy by the gallon from the colmado to make up the formula with?

Thanks
Daydream

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The water you buy is 100% pure, so everyone just mixes it with the formula...See, we do have a lot of kids here and they seem to grow up...

HB

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Thanks - its just I did a search before posting and people were talking about having to buy some special baby water but I thought if you boiled the drinking water this would be sufficient.

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
Formula..

They have Similac, Isomil and Emfamil here that I have noticed. The one i use I have sent from canada. The ones mentions above hurt my sons little tummy. I use Orbis baby water and its actually easier than having to boil water and put it in the fridge then warm it up again later. I leave it out on top of my microwave and feed the baby room temperture formula. Its 70 pesos for a 4 litre. Its convience im after, having a new born is difficult enough..i sure you know how it feels... :)

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
sheri
do you know approx how much it costs compared to canadian prices? ie. similac or something similiar
sangria