mandatory autopsy ??

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
I heard that an autopsy is mandatory for foreigners. Is this true and if so how much and who pays for it. Does this apply for residence or just tourist?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I heard that an autopsy is mandatory for foreigners. Is this true and if so how much and who pays for it. Does this apply for residence or just tourist?

I hope this only applies if they are dead first!!!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
It applies to anyone NOT a citizen of the DR. Who pays - relatives or friends of the deceased - or whoever has money. How much - not sure.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I think you will find that it is not just a rule of this country but is that infamous Diplomatic Protocol and applies all over the world. Any person who dies and who is not a national of that country has to have an autopsy.

I have told my nearest and dearest to just dig a hole in the garden and bung me in it. Tell no one. Much cheaper.

Matilda

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I think you will find that it is not just a rule of this country but is that infamous Diplomatic Protocol and applies all over the world. Any person who dies and who is not a national of that country has to have an autopsy.

I have told my nearest and dearest to just dig a hole in the garden and bung me in it. Tell no one. Much cheaper.

Matilda

What about the wake, we've gotta have a couple of drinks in your honor:bunny: