directions - Santo domingo RC port to hotel in Punta Cana

aahab

Jan 3, 2009
Hi there,
My girlfriend and I are taking a cruise to the Dominican (Royal Caribbean), which will have it's final dock in Santo Domingo on Jan 18th at 4am. From there, we planned to book a stay at the Majestic Colonial Hotel in Punta Cana. Do you have any information on the most cost effective method to get to the hotel from the cruise port..? Bus and/or taxi (or other??) - we would prefer to keep the cost below $50 - 75US if we can...
Please let me know if you have any information. I know that there have been other posts on the bus routes to take, but I was hoping someone would be able to help me with the most direct route information possible - specifically from the port to the hotel. We do not speak very much Spanish and it would be very helpful to know exactly what and where - any advise would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
A.

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
If you feel adventurous you should rent a car. Once you are in Higueii follow the signs to Uvero Alto they will take you to majestic.

Another way is to catch a bus. Buses leave daily from Juan S?nchez Ramirez near Maximo Gomez. the schedule is 7:00 h., 10:00 h., 14:00 h. y 16:00 h. You can take a taxi from the port to the bus station. If you can not make it to the bus station on your arrival date then you can book a room in one of the near by hotels of Zona Colonial. I recommend the Atarazana but there are many other good ones in the area.

mtv real 1

Jan 15, 2009
travel assistance

I have the same question. Will be staying at the Moon Palace in Punta Cana and then the Renaissance Hotel in Santo Domingo. Any idea to taxi or mini van cost and the distance. Then when leavning the island will need transportation back to the Punta Cana airport. Once again, and idea to how and cost? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you