New Marina in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenascrich

Jan 3, 2009
What are the latest plans for the marina in Sosua on the Charamicos side? Also there have been rumors that the Sand Castle / El Qualton in Puerto Chiquito has been sold, any truth to that?

Thanks

vevy

Feb 14, 2006
Sand Castle/Qualton Beach Resort/Marina

Regarding revitalization of Sand Castle (Qualton Beach Resort) /
Cleansing of Beach /
Marina construction /
Many interested parties seek this information year after year and yet none seems to be forthcoming. Rumors, possible buyers, and still no word as to positive plans to enhance and bring this area back to life. Following the demolition of El Tablon, many felt that this would be the start of a new beginning. Since that time, some concepts have been advocated for improving the area. But I have neither heard nor seen evidence to indicate that any work is currently underway to reopen the resort or begin marina construction. Pipe dreams? Such a waste! I understand from a few older residents of the area that the grand opening of the Qualton Beach Resort was a grand affair not to be missed. I have never heard from anyone, real estate agents or others, as to whether or not the resort can be restored. It stands there year after year with a guard or two - caretaker or two - just waiting.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
El Tablon was cleared when Jimenez & Santos were involved when they had a option with the Sandcastle 'owner'.
Different jobs, different times...

jenascrich

Jan 3, 2009
I know Vevy. I have a title to one of the condos in there. I had not been there in maybe about 13 years and I went back in November. I pulled up and there were three dogs surrounding the moto barking! As well as two caretakers!! The caretaker let me walk around the lobby area and outside, but not towards the rooms.. The dogs by the way, ended up being friendly but scary!!! It's sad to see the hotel in the state that it is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.