New Restaurant Cabarete, A-Bailar Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
A-Bailar Cafe opened up about a week ago next to Villa Taina (across from the Micro Golf). It's a small restaurant, but very nice/unique atmosphere. Food & service have been excellent the couple of times I was there. They're open lunch & dinner.

Prices are very reasonable for Cabarete. Wide choice of items. The menu ranges from sandwiches, soup, salads, empanadas, burgers, & Dominican specials to main courses including pasta, fish, steaks, etc.

My friends & I have sampled a wide variety of the menu. Definitely worth a try.

Oldanalyst

Nov 29, 2008
We liked A-Bailar

We also ate at the A-Bailar restaurant in January, 2009 and found it quite good and reasonably priced. If you are in Cabarete, it is worth while to search out this restaurant. Order the Dominican meal with a salad and a Presidente. Excellent!

I wish this start up restaurant well!

Aug 21, 2007
It's one of my very favorites. We went there....three people, three different entres. All were wonderful. A bottle of wine. And the price was right. Couldn't ask for more.

I wish them only success.

Lindsey

Islander777

Sep 19, 2008
Best of Cabarete

I guess the secret is out: this is the best restaurant in Cabarete considering quality of the dishes, prices and ambiance. Chicken rice and pesto pasta are my favorites. Fish is also good. The owner is Tony, a long-time waiter in town, who has hooked up with an excellent chef and their business is steady as word spreads through the grapevine. The only downside is its size and the danger that these postings may overwhelm it with customers. Tony also runs a dance studio there where you can learn Latin dancing of all kinds.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
He will be thrilled that you arent telling anyone about it to save him from getting too busy ....lol

Islander777

Sep 19, 2008
He's already very busy. The word is out and he could easily be over run! Between Tony's good humor and graciousness, the music, lighting and paintings (which are for sale and selling!), its like a little restaurant in Europe, say Italy or Spain. Its hard to find, there is little promotion and it looks very unpretentious. I walked by it for ten days without thinking to go in, but now I'm a regular (along with the Steakhouse/Los Locos, Chicken Barbeque and Juana's/Tigre).

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
He's already very busy. The word is out and he could easily be over run! Between Tony's good humor and graciousness, the music, lighting and paintings (which are for sale and selling!), its like a little restaurant in Europe, say Italy or Spain. Its hard to find, there is little promotion and it looks very unpretentious. I walked by it for ten days without thinking to go in, but now I'm a regular (along with the Steakhouse/Los Locos, Chicken Barbeque and Juana's/Tigre).

I will definitely add this to my restaurant list as you named 3 of my favorite "locals" restaurants" (If the chicken bbq you mentioned is Parilla Luis) so you obviously have good taste..or at least appreciate food that tastes good ;)

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Here's a couple of daytime photos... very romantic setting at night.
There's a new room they've added in back which seats about 12 in a lounge type area for dinner/drinks. I don't have fotos, but similarly charming and a nice place for a party.

3293275885_deb69201b0.jpg

3294100560_b97eb48c6a.jpg

Last edited:

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
Luis's chicken

(If the chicken bbq you mentioned is Parilla Luis) so you obviously have good taste..or at least appreciate food that tastes good ;)

Luis's chicken is one of the best buys in the Caberete area. Drove by so many times and smelled that, saying to my wife "I gotta get some of that..." once we did, its become a regular, whole chicken, big plate of rices & beans and salad for around $10 USD. Two of us eat some for dinner and have enough leftover for a nice lunch. 4 meals for $10USD.

Islander777

Sep 19, 2008
It is Friday night at 9:30p and A-Bailar is completely packed. I was afraid that this promotion would ruin my favorite restaurant in Cabarete! Tony was so busy he asked me to pay my check tomorrow.

VeeJMD28

Feb 20, 2009
You own thread has been approved; no need to hijack this one...

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.