Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo-distance to Las Terrenas

ivannah

Mar 18, 2007
My girlfriends and i are thinking of staying at the El Portillo, does anyone know what the distance is to las Terrenas and the cost of going into town. We are looking for places to dance, merengue, batchata and any suggestions on where to go would be greatly appreciated!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
It's 5 mn in a car... There are plenty taxis just outside the resort... don't know the prices...

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Many places to go dancing... You should cruise around... Try "la Bodega", "Ga?a Night-club" etc...

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
My girlfriends and i are thinking of staying at the El Portillo, does anyone know what the distance is to las Terrenas and the cost of going into town. We are looking for places to dance, merengue, batchata and any suggestions on where to go would be greatly appreciated!

LT is around 6 km away. In April a guagua was 30 Pesos, a motoconcho 80 Pesos and a taxi 350 Pesos, at nighttime maybe double price. Important is to deal the price before. At the La Bodega was livemusic two times the week, but the disco in the hotel was ok, too, with lots of Merengue and Bachata.

Have a nice holiday!

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Amused

At the title of your 'handle' in pervious post....caipiranha !
I don't know if you are playing on words or trying to describe the
Brazilian drink and not knowing how it's spelled.:bunny:

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
At the title of your 'handle' in pervious post....caipiranha !
I don't know if you are playing on words or trying to describe the
Brazilian drink and not knowing how it's spelled.:bunny:

@tflea
The thread was titled GBP El Portillo, wasn?t it?

It?s a wordplay - try to solve it... :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Saludos