Condo ownership question

jenascrich

Jan 3, 2009
Hello!
I have a free and clear title for a condo in Sosua which is actually in a resort in Puerto Chiquito. We bought it around 1990, pre construction. The resort was operationable and wonderful for about 10 years or so. All of a sudden, it started deteoriating and I guess the owners of the complex ran out of money and now the resort has been closed for some time now. If a new company comes in and buys the resort, do the new owners have to accomodate the title holders of the indvidual units?

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Hello!
I have a free and clear title for a condo in Sosua which is actually in a resort in Puerto Chiquito. We bought it around 1990, pre construction. The resort was operationable and wonderful for about 10 years or so. All of a sudden, it started deteoriating and I guess the owners of the complex ran out of money and now the resort has been closed for some time now. If a new company comes in and buys the resort, do the new owners have to accomodate the title holders of the indvidual units?

If you have a clear, legal title to the condo the new owners will have to accommodate you, to the best of my knowledge. Change of ownership of the complex does not remove you as an owner of an individual unit.