Watch HGTV tonight

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
This may have already been posted somewhere but, if not, HGTV has a segment showing an American couple shopping for a vacation home in Cabarete/Sosua. 9:30 eastern time. Could be fun.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
It was filmed in July in Perla Marina;wish we had HGTV as one of our cable channels on the North Coast

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
That couple was a real estate agent's dream. Anyone considering buying a house in the DR should watch the show and do exactly the opposite of what they did. First question after seeing the first house for $439,000 was something like "Wow this is beautiful... is it negotiable?" Agents response "we like to think everything is negotiable" LOL.

They should have done their research on dr1. Probably would have saved at least 100k.

jenniejayne

Dec 31, 2008
I just got to see the end of that!!! I wish I would have seen it, im interested in that area! "RATS".. I did see the house they ended up buying, it was very nice, is that the one that cost $439?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
That couple was a real estate agent's dream. Anyone considering buying a house in the DR should watch the show and do exactly the opposite of what they did. First question after seeing the first house for $439,000 was something like "Wow this is beautiful... is it negotiable?" Agents response "we like to think everything is negotiable" LOL.

They should have done their research on dr1. Probably would have saved at least 100k.
Well, they probably thought it was a bargain. According to the website, they had a budget of US$600,000.

Read the intro here

Ha! I just realized that there are two DR episodes. The first one is about a woman and the second one (the link in this post) is about the British couple. Check the dates and time on the links, one of them will be aired in the next few days while both will be re-aired in March.

-NALs