HELP needed

jnh11

Jan 5, 2009
Does anybody know of a tourist lodging (for longer term stays) that has a phone # that begins with 372 (next 4 digits MAY BE 5977). I am trying to find my Son who went there on Jan 02 but I have not been able to contact him (nor has he contacted me and he is normally very prompt about that).

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Worried Dad

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Do you know what city, or coast (north)?

A 372 number is Punta Cana and the areas around it. I already tried to locate the hostel/ hotel with the number jhn11 gave without luck. I am equally willing to help, but we don't have enough info.

jnh11

Jan 5, 2009
Sorry but I do not know in what part of the DR he was headed for (had planned to read/copy his printed agenda but got side tracked)

jnh11

Jan 5, 2009
Thanks for your efforts so far - they are HIGHLY appreciated.

My Son gave me a phone # (printed on an id card which I believe was generated by the lodging place). When I call that # (prefixed with 1-809 because I am calling from the USA) I get the message that it is an invalid # (too long). My Phone card informed me that they believe that # supplied was computer generated by a Hotel.

Think that # supplied must be called from within the DR. If somebody is willing to call that # please e-mail me at jnh11@hotmail.com and I will supply you same. Any expenses will be fully re-imbursed.

Again thanks for your effort

Empress

Jul 31, 2008
Help needed

Sorry to be a little nieve here, but did anyone try the local travel agencies to see if they have his name registered for flight booking, destination,
or the local airport from where he was travelling from - they might be able to provide the flight number, location, travel agency booked, etc...?

Just thought I'd throw that in. I wish you speedy good news of your son's whereabouts and that I hope he contacts you soon.

Empress

Feb 7, 2007
Can you post the full phone number as printed on the id card you have?

Maybe to you the number looks incorrect but maybe some of us could try to "decipher" it.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Can you post the full phone number as printed on the id card you have?

Maybe to you the number looks incorrect but maybe some of us could try to "decipher" it.

Rubio. The worried dad sent me by email the info below.

"His name is Stephen Hamburger.

Phone # shown is printed as: Tel: +37259779198"

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Have you tried sending your son an email? There are internet cafes where he may be writing or checking emails.

Feb 7, 2007
Phone # shown is printed as: Tel: +37259779198"

That number, as written, is a valid mobile number in ESTONIA (Eastern Europe).

It even has a correct number of digits

372 - Estonia country code
59 - mobile prefix
77 91 98 - completes 6 figits, the same number of digits as a valid Estonian mobile number

When I rang the number (011 before the number) it answered with a voicemail. That number, as written, is definitely an existing mobile number in Estonia.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
That number, as written, is a valid mobile number in ESTONIA (Eastern Europe).

It even has a correct number of digits

372 - Estonia country code
59 - mobile prefix
77 91 98 - completes 6 figits, the same number of digits as a valid Estonian mobile number

When I rang the number (011 before the number) it answered with a voicemail. That number, as written, is definitely an existing mobile number in Estonia.

Yeah I did the same thing with the same results.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
So either the son is in Estonia & NOT the DR or that Tel. No. is incorrect!

Come on Worried Dad - as per the request/suggestion of Empress, tell us the flight number your son got on to AND the date OR Tour Company/airline. Where was he flying FROM? If your son was headed into Punta Cana I am sure someone from that area knows most of the hotel/hostel names & can check in the phone book for a similar number with the correct number of digits. ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Worried Dad,

If you have a genuine cause to contact your son, like an emergency at home or some concerns about his health, physical or mental, tell us his nationality & we can put you in touch with the appropriate Embassy or Consulate here and they will assist.

If, on the other hand, you are just being a concerned father and if your son is an adult, then I'm afraid he has the right to stay silent if he chooses to, whether in Estonia or the DR & under these circumstances I doubt if the Embassy would extend assistance. But if you have genuine grounds to think that something might have happened to him, then do contact the appropriate Embassy & if you need help finding it, just ask here.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I see Worried Dad hasn't posted since the day before yesterday. So either the son has called or Worried Dad is in touch with someone privately to pursue this.

Either way, in the absence of Worried Dad publically thanking the 3 people who tried the phone number, (he might always have done it privately & I hope he did), I would like to thank Toober, rubio_higuey & carlos for their altruistic actions. Nice one, guys! :)

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I see Worried Dad hasn't posted since the day before yesterday. So either the son has called or Worried Dad is in touch with someone privately to pursue this.

Either way, in the absence of Worried Dad publically thanking the 3 people who tried the phone number, (he might always have done it privately & I hope he did), I would like to thank Toober, rubio_higuey & carlos for their altruistic actions. Nice one, guys! :)

the responses and actions to these type of situtations is why I enjoy being part of this community. it is amazing

:)

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
the responses and actions to these type of situtations is why I enjoy being part of this community. it is amazing

:)

I sent an email to "worried dad" explaining that closure would be appreciated. I await his response and will keep everyone posted. The kid probably went on a bender, which is not uncommon.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Am I to take it then that neither Toober nor carlos got a personal thankyou from the father? H'mmmm. Maybe rubio_higuey did?

Let's hope you get a response Toober, otherwise I'll begin to think it was a scheme to boost phone calls to an Estonian number.........:cheeky: