Three Kings Day Question

MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S

Feb 18, 2008
www.myspace.com
I am an american living in New York married to a Dominican man. Our son is 2 1/2 and I am celebrating Three Kings Day with him tomorrow for the first time. We bought him some candy and the Dora the Explorer Three Kings Day dvd. My husband has a hard time remembering what his parents did for him on this day. I found some information online that says in DR the children are to put their shoes outside of their door and in the morning they are filled with candy and/or little toys. I want to make sure this is correct and finding information online is about how Three Kings Day is celebrate din DR is hard to find. If anyone can help, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.:cheeky:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Actually the day is celebrated mostly in Santo Domingo. In Santiago, hardly anyone does anything except recover from the New Year's party...and take a deep breath for the payments coming due for the excesses of the holidays...

Whatever you do, will be wildly appreciated by a 2 1/2 year old....

Happy 3 Kings day...."We three kings from Orient come, bearing gifts we travel afar...."\\

HB