Teaching in La Romana

bailarin

Sep 2, 2004
Does anyone have any info on how to start looking for a teaching job in La Romana? Beit teaching English or Spanish...
Any info you would have would be greatly appreciated...GRACIAS

moreyl

Sep 3, 2008
Well depends...you wanna teach kids? teens? or adults?
I heard a rumpur a few days ago that the Dominico Americano will be opening soon in La Romana...so you can maybe check out their web page and get in contact with anyone there to give you more information Instituto Cultural Dom?nico Americano

leodabull

Dec 16, 2008
I too WAS interested in teaching English in La Romana and spent about a week calling all the schools in the local phone book only to be told their payscale was to low. These were mostly govnmnt schools, and private were either not hiring and also paid little. I am willing to travel to SP de Macoris if anyone knows of any schools out there. However Dominico Americano is a big insititute in the Capital and would be great if they did open up a school in La Romana. Thanks fof the heads up moreyl. El Diario Libre (not found in La Romana but in Capital) usually posts some teaching positions but you have to catch if they?re in Romana or not. If I see anything I will post it ok? Good luck.

Dubby

Mar 30, 2004
If you want some information about teaching English in La Romana, you can
pm. I have been teaching here for about 3 years.