Informations about Juan Dolio

E

Emanuele

I'll go to Juan Dolio in February. Somebody can give me any informations about beach, sea, and excurtions? Thanks very much.

L

Lilian

I go snorkelling regularly in Juan Dolio. There is a fine coral reef. Unfortunately, depending upon which hotel you are staying at, you may have to go through some water with 10" visibility before getting there. You may be lucky and arrive at a time when the waters are crystal clear and you will have great snorkelling. The area between Costa Caribe and Punta Garza hotels is the best to start from, but the area in front of Decameron has a wonderful reef. Have a great trip. The beach is very nice.

There are excursions to Saona Island, Catalina Island and of course excursions to Santo Domingo and Puerta Plata and Jeep excursions available. You should have a wonderful time.

V

Vickie

We just returned yesterday from Juan Dolio and it was wonderful. We stayed at the Melia and the beach was nice they had trucked in the sand because the sand in that area is a darker color and they want a white sand for their guest. We went to Altos de Chavon which I highly reccomend. I think you can take a taxi for less than a tour price to just about anywhere. We did not speak very much Spanish but were lucky enough to make friends who spoke Spanish so they could talk to the driver. I am sure you will have a wonderful time.