beauty salon equipment

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
Hello all,

I am looking for a place here on the island to buy new or used equipment for a beauty salon. We need styling chairs, wash center, and other equipment. Does anyone know of any stores which deal in this, or even of a salon that may be selling out? Any help is greatly appreciated.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
they sell new in la sirena in Santiago....I have seen second hand in the local newssheets in Puerto Plata....also seen some equipment in Gonzalez in puerto plata

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Hello all,

I am looking for a place here on the island to buy new or used equipment for a beauty salon. We need styling chairs, wash center, and other equipment. Does anyone know of any stores which deal in this, or even of a salon that may be selling out? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes I know a salon that has just closed, it has only been open about 6 months, so the equipment is like new. pm me if you are interested

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Plaza Lama, both in Santo Domingo and Santiago also carry lots of beauty parlor equipment. And there is a reason for it: It's the number one Dominicana "business idea" after the other one, which is based on having a big green fridge failed. There are beauty parlors lining up the streets all over the island... most of them are empty or only visited by the ones who "work" there and maybe some family getting a free-one "meantime".

... J-D.

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
Thanks for the info. I'll let everyone know when the stuff we buy is for sale again!

WD

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Thanks for the info. I'll let everyone know when the stuff we buy is for sale again!

WD

:D ... and we will do our best to let you know WHO is actually selling it, again. :bunny:

Naw, jest joking, I wish you luck.
If you have somebody working there who actually really can do "pello bueno" (whitie's hair) you might actually have something going on there. But that depends on the location too.
Besides the tourist and residential "tourist" areas, I know a little beauty parlor in downtown Santo Domingo who's doing a killer business, always full, doing mostly fair complexion Dominican's hair, men and women.

... J-D.

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
No offense taken. I've been biding my time here for over a year while casually looking for a good opportunity for a small business. As it looks now this is just a great lining up of location, people, and fortunate turns of fate which I decided to jump on. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

WD