Voip

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Have anyone use Lingo or Phone Power? I had Vonage, but I was not happy with the quality of services. Any info will be greatly appreciated

Tino - I have not used either Lingo or Phone Power, but I am curious; why did you not like Vonage? Mine works great in DR.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Long time Lingo customer here. If I had to rate the overall service from 1 (being worst) 10 (being best) I'd give it an 9.

When I set this up at my aunt's house they had the lower level of service from Verizon Flash. I hear there are 3 levels. She had the most basic. So when someone was on MSN messenger using a webcam or downloading music there was a delay on the conversation via the Lingo line. I heard that if she had the most expensive level with more bandwith this would not happen.

All in all it saves my family a lot of money in calling cards.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
My service was not reliable and I had DSL Flash with Codetel.

Tino- I have the same Vonage setup and it works great. Hmmm :ermm: But I think Lingo may be cheaper than Vonage anyway. Their website says 21.95 USD/month; my Vonage billl is 34 USD/month. Now I might switch. Thanks for the post.

tino

Aug 29, 2006
www.tomorrows-hope.org
I have been doing a lot of research to make sure that I choose the right VOIP Provider. I am doing research right now on Nextiva, ITP and VOIPGO, I will keep you posted on my decision.

francoisatl

Feb 13, 2007
you are going to have the same problem with them you need a better speed
Vonage requires a minimum of 30kbps and that is slow

tino

Aug 29, 2006
www.tomorrows-hope.org
I believe VoiceStick might be just like Magicjack. I am reading some of the reviews of most of the VOIP providers even though some of the reviews are not 100% ligit.

Rubio, how long have you been using Lingo and do you recommend it?? Thank you

Last edited: