Dominican Women & American Men

petite

Jan 3, 2009
I have a unique situation...I do not want to give the long version of, so I will write a brief thread.

I am from the states and was dating a Jamaican-American. We both really cared about each other, I had the key to his house, met his family, etc. I found out he had a second life in the DR. I started finding pictures of women dressed provocatively, I had women's intuition, because these women in the pictures looked exotic, and I knew they were not from the states. Well, anyway, we became pregnant, I was 8 weeks pregnant when I found out he had another women in a totally different country pregnant, (the DR).

I put the pieces of the story together, and found out the women in the photos including the woman who was pregnant were women who used sex in hopes to have an American man marry them and bring them out of the poverty stricken DR. These women lived in a brothel (whore house), but looked as though they had a little class about them, but at the same time had a whorish look about them.

There's no doubt my daughters father has a second life in the DR that he is not giving up, but what I want to know is (and I've read) that the DR has a reputation for sex tourism. Is this true? These women are looking for love and a free ride to the states.

Mar 2, 2008
Petite,

I think you aready know the answer to your question. You have enough information to go on so that you can decide for yourself. The question for you to answer now is; Do you want to continue this relationship or not?

I'm guessing you'll find a reason to continue with it, although you know exactly what the deal is. That's okay, and it is something only you can decide.

But ask yourself if this is a situation you can live with over the long haul. Is he going to be there to be a part of your daughter's life? Is he going to be able to afford contributing to two families, and giving both what he should be giving? And can you live with having a part time husband, and a man who obviously is not going to be satisfied with one woman?

Again, only you know, or can discover, the answer to those questions. If the answers are yes, then you both should be fairly happy together. If the answers are no, or a majority are no, then you would probably be much better off without him around.

By the way, please save the pictures. Wishingiwasthere makes a valid point.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
how did he manage to get to the dominican republic so many times without telling you where he was going ?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
to the thread moderator: I tried to move this to Women are from Venus but somehow it got sent here,, can you move it for me? thanks

HB

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
to the thread moderator: I tried to move this to Women are from Venus but somehow it got sent here,, can you move it for me? thanks

HB

It's quite comfortable here where it belongs!
11r3z9d.jpg

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
but what I want to know is (and I've read) that the DR has a reputation for sex tourism. Is this true? These women are looking for love and a free ride to the states.

Yes the DR is FAMOUS all over the world for its sex tourism/prostitution....
I have friends in Spain and many other Caribbean islands (even Haiti) and when I mentioned to them I am in the DR one of the first things they ALL say is 'oh there are a lot of Dominican prostitutes here in my country'...
There is popular perception that Dominican women are prostitutes/visa seekers/etc. Sad that the bad apples spoil it for the whole bunch, cause I know many Dominican women who are the opposite of that stereotype but you rarely hear about them.

I was in Sosua today and was shocked at the amount of prostitutes I saw roaming the streets at lunch time (cant imagine after dark).
Sad that the country is famous for this and not something like its music and culture, etc..

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
its not famous in the uk for this - its only famous for a cheaper caribbean holiday there